Originally known in Hong Kong as ''Police Story 3,'' it was renamed and released in the U.S. in 1995. Creator/JackieChan stars as Kevin "Supercop" Chan of the Royal Hong Kong Police, assigned to a dangerous mission for the DEA to stop a drug lord. His assignment takes him to mainland China, where he teams up with Captain Jessica Yang (Creator/MichelleYeoh), and the pair infiltrate the inner circle of the notorious Chaibat, bickering and kicking ass along the way.
!!This film provides the following tropes:
* ActionGirl: Creator/MichelleYeoh (called Michelle Khan here) keeps up with Chan, doing her own death-defying stunts, including [[spoiler: riding a dirt bike onto a moving train]]. A stunt which, according to the outtakes in the credits, she had to do ''multiple times''
* BecomingTheMask: At least when Kevin remembers he's supposed to be Lin Fu-Sheng. Played for laughs during the prison breakout, as Yang shoots Panther's comrade so Kevin can step in.
--> '''Panther''' (horrified, as his friend falls): Hsiuen!
--> '''Kevin''' (acting even more horrified): HSIUEN!!
** Uncle Bill plays [[spoiler: Fu-Sheng's mama]] to the hilt.
* BigBad: Chaibat, aka Big Brother.
* BreakoutCharacter: Yeoh reprised this role as the star of ''Supercop 2.''
* CommieLand: The Chinese cops on the whole seem to have a bit of disdain for Kevin's seat-of-the-pants approach to policing (not to mention his individualist title of "Supercop Chan").
** Yang, posing as Kevin's sister, responds to a slap from her "brother" by slapping him back and quoting the Chairman.
--> '''Yang:''' Think you're superior, huh? [[UsefulNotes/MaoZedong Mao Tse-Tung]] said women are the true power of society!
--> '''Kevin''' (rubbing his face): Did Mao Tse-Tung really say that?!
--> '''Yang:''' Yeah!
* FauxFluency: Chan, in the English version; Yeoh, in the Cantonese version.
* FishOutOfWater: Kevin, a cop from British Hong Kong, finds himself among the decidedly more rigid Communists of mainland China.
* HilariousOuttakes: Always a staple of Jackie Chan films. Subverted in the painful-looking shots where Jackie is shown getting clocked by a helicopter rotor and then carried off (presumably to the ER), and Yeoh lands wrong on the hood of a moving car, then falls to the street--taking a crew member with her.
* ImprovisedWeapon: Durians can be used as bludgeoning tools, apparently.
* LikeBrotherAndSister: Kevin and Yang pose as siblings--and snipe accordingly. Though the following exchange is interesting:
--> '''Kevin:''' You hit your brother so hard. What if I was your husband?
--> '''Yang:''' Wait and find out.
* MadeOfIron: Chan and Yeoh, of course, not to mention a couple of the crew members.
* MoreDakka: The meeting with the drug lords in Thailand, despite the general's (widely flouted) plea of "No violence!"
* PrisonerExchange: At the end, with Chaibat negotiating for his wife if Kevin wants May back.
%% * SuperCop:
* ThanksForTheMammary: Jackie to Yang, though she wears BulletProofVest at the time. So it's not much, not to mention everyone thought they're siblings at the time.
* TooDumbToLive: May's clever ruse is cancelled out after she [[spoiler: blows Kevin's cover while talking to her friend in the elevator.]]
** It's even worse. [[spoiler: She spoke with her friend in English all the time, except for the time she was explaining the plan.]]
** Either the Chinese didn't fully brief Kevin on his mission--or he really did have a terrible memory.
* WellDoneSonGuy: Chaibat, sort of, right after shooting Yang in her bulletproof vest.
--> You two kids are really okay!