Six: The Mark Unleashed
is a Christian end-times film released by Signal Hill Pictures in 2004. In the film, the world is taken over by a mysterious person called The Leader, who forces people to take what is called The Holy Implant. A group of Independents, which include a former cop who became a smuggler (Jeffrey Dean Morgan) and two carjackers (David White and Kevin Downes), are put into a prison where they meet people who became Christians that share their faith with those who enter the facility before they are beheaded. The Independents plan to break out of the prison, but the smuggler has plans regarding his former wife (Amy Moon), who had taken The Holy Implant.
Six: The Mark Unleashed provides examples of:
- As The Good Book Says: Even the prison walls have Bible verses scrawled on them, which makes you wonder how seriously anti-God this Leader is supposed to be.
- Blessed with Suck: A virtual reality program initiates those who have taken The Holy Implant with all the supposed "benefits" of receiving it, while Christians know it's all with the eternal cost of going to the Lake Of Fire.
- Brainwashed: What the Holy Implant does to people, and according to Independents, what being saved by Jesus Christ does to people.
- The smuggler believes The Holy Implant was the reason his wife had separated from him, but it turns out to be otherwise.
- Heel Face Door Slam: One of the carjackers near the end of the movie regrets having taken The Holy Implant.
- Jesus Saves
- Mark of the Beast: Which in the movie is called The Holy Implant.
- Meaningful Rename: One of the Christians working for the underground was named Rahab when she became a Christian. Bible students will know the name by the past life that she and her Biblical counterpart had lived.
- With Us or Against Us: You're either part of The Community or a Christian. Being an Independent is not allowed, and the Community will actively hunt down Independents in order to force them to make a decision.