Six: The Mark Unleashed
is a Christian end-times film released by Signal Hill Pictures in 2004. In the film, the world is taken over by a mysterious person called The Leader, who forces people to take what is called The Holy Implant. A group of Independents, which include Tom Newman (Jeffrey Dean Morgan), a former cop who became a smuggler, and two carjackers, Brody Sutton (David White) and Jerry Willis (Kevin Downes), are put into a prison where they meet people who became Christians that share their faith with those who enter the facility before they are beheaded. The Independents plan to break out of the prison, but the smuggler has plans regarding his former wife Jeseca (Amy Moon), who had taken The Holy Implant.
Six: The Mark Unleashed provides examples of:
- As the Good Book Says: The prison walls have Bible verses scrawled on them by the Christians to help Independents make a decision to accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. It does, however, make you wonder how anti-God this Leader of the One World Order is supposed to be if he's permitting this to go on in prisons.
- Blessed with Suck: A hologram initiates those who have taken The Holy Implant with all the supposed "benefits" of receiving it, while Christians know it's all with the eternal cost of going to the Lake Of Fire.
- Book Ends: The movie begins and ends with the group of new initiates being told the "benefits" of the Holy Implant, and one of the carjackers narrating events as they have occurred in the movie's setting.
- Brainwashed: What the Holy Implant does to people, and according to Independents, what being saved by Jesus Christ also does to people.
- The smuggler believes The Holy Implant was the reason his wife had separated from him, but it turns out to be otherwise.
- Deus ex Machina: Just when you think the heroes are about to be killed by the Community's forces, Elijah Cohen appears out of nowhere to deliver them out of the situation and into safety. Justified, as he is God's servant in the story.
- Free-Love Future: The Community's holographic program instructs new initiates of the Holy Implant that with the New Order brought about by the Leader, things such as monogamy have been done away with so that people are free to move about with partners of either sex. Procreation is only allowed according to the will of the Leader.
- Heel Face Door Slam: One of the carjackers near the end of the movie regrets having taken The Holy Implant.
- I Have Many Names: Rahab went by many names in her pre-Christian life.
- Jesus Saves
- Mark of the Beast: Which in the movie is called The Holy Implant.
- Meaningful Rename: One of the Christians working for the underground was named Rahab when she became a Christian. Bible students will know the name by the past life that she and her Biblical counterpart had lived.
- Off with His Head!: Those who refuse to take the Holy Implant are subject to decapitation via guillotine.
- One World Order
- The Purge: According to the opening narration, The Leader killed 89 million people in North America alone during the first Purge, with the death toll presumably much higher in third-world countries. One of the people killed in the event was the narrator's girlfriend.
- Stealth Hi/Bye: Elijah Cohen.
- Torture Technician: Preston Scott, played by Brad Heller, who seems to enjoy this particular role.
- With Us or Against Us: You're either part of The Community or a Christian. Being an Independent is not allowed, and the Community will actively hunt down Independents in order to force them to make a decision.