''Paris, je t'aime'' ("Paris, I love you") is a 2006 AnthologyFilm starring an ensemble cast of actors of various nationalities. The two-hour film consists of eighteen short films set in different arrondissements of Paris. The 22 directors include Creator/TheCoenBrothers, Gus Van Sant, Creator/SylvainChomet, Creator/AlfonsoCuaron, Creator/VincenzoNatali, Creator/WesCraven, and Creator/AlexanderPayne, among others.
!!This anthology film contains examples of:
* AmicableExes: "Quartier Latin" is about a separated couple who have one final date before the divorce papers are settled.
* AnthologyFilm: The film is composed of various short segments.
* AsianRudeness: "Porte de Choisy" is about a beauty products salesman who makes a call on a Chinatown salon run by a woman, who proves to be a tough customer.
* BaitAndSwitch: "Parc Monceau" is about an older man and younger woman meeting for an arrangement. It at first looks like a romantic date, and they even discuss that a third person, "Gaspard", who is close to the woman, may not be happy about (the woman is even played by Ludivine Sagnier, known for playing TheVamp in various French films). [[spoiler:It is eventually revealed that the young woman is the older man's daughter, and Gaspard is her baby.]]
* DecemberDecemberRomance: "Pigalle" and "Quartier Latin" are each centered about an aging couple.
* ILoveYouVampireSon: In "Quartier de la Madeleine", a tourist falls in love at first sight with a vampire. She seems to like him, but refuses to turn him... [[spoiler: until he falls down the stone steps, nearly dies, and she gives him an EmergencyTransformation. He rises again as a fearsome vampire, and they chomp on each other. Awwwww...!]]
** "Place des fêtes" is about a Nigerian man dying from a stab wound who asks a female paramedic for a cup of coffee. It is then revealed that he had fallen in love at first sight with her some time previously. [[spoiler:By the time she remembers him and has received the coffee, he has died.]]
** This is also hinted at in "Quais de Seine," with the young Caucasian man and Muslimah woman clearly being attracted to each other.
** "Bastille" is about a man prepared to leave his marriage for a much younger woman, [[spoiler:but instead decides to stay with his wife after she reveals a terminal illness, and he rediscovers the love he once felt for her.]]
** "Parc Monceau" is about an older man and a younger woman who meet for what looks like a date. [[spoiler:Subverted when it's revealed that they are actually father and daughter.]]
* TheOner: "Parc Monceau" is entirely filmed by one continuous shot. Given that it was directed by Creator/AlfonsoCuaron, [[SignatureStyle this is to be expected of him.]]
* OurGhostsAreDifferent: Apparently, the ghosts of famous writers (or just Creator/OscarWilde) can help you if your girlfriend broke up with you at a famous cemetery.
* OurVampiresAreDifferent: It seems that in Paris at night, sultry vampiresses are roaming around. Also, vampires don't "turn" their victims by biting them--that just kills them. To become a vampire, you have to drink another vampire's blood yourself.
* SpiritAdvisor: "Père-Lachaise" is about a man who, after his fiancée breaks up with him while visiting the Père Lachaise Cemetery, redeems himself with the aid of advice from the ghost of Oscar Wilde.
* VampiresAreSexGods: "Quartier de la Madeleine" is about a young backpacker traveling late at night who stumbles across a corpse—and a vampiress (Creator/OlgaKurylenko) feeding on it. Though initially frightened, he soon falls in love with her, even attracting her with his own blood.
* YourCheatingHeart: The man in "Bastille" is about to leave his marriage for a much younger mistress. [[spoiler:He decides to stay with his wife after she reveals a terminal illness, and he rediscovers the love he once felt for her.]]