One of numerous action movies starring Steven Seagal that have been released direct-to-DVD after Half Past Dead bombed.Borderline identical to his previous effort Belly of the Beast, Seagal plays William Lansing, a former CSA agent with a Dark and Troubled Past who now works on nature reserve taking care of injured animals. He's sponsoring a Polish orphan named Irena Morawska (Ida Nowakowska), and is her pen-pal. When her letters cease, it transpires that the orphanage she was in was a front for a human trafficking organisation, and that she's been sold into slavery. Despite the fact that he's not her father and has never actually even met her, Lansing marches off to Poland to rescue the gal and shoot/beat-up all involved in the trafficking business.
This film provides examples of:
- Friend to All Living Things: Lansing shows signs of this.
- Intergenerational Friendship
- Kingpin in His Gym: Faisal practices his fencing skills in a few scenes.
- Papa Wolf: Lansing. He isn't the girl's father, but close enough.
- Sword Fight
- The Voiceless: The pickpocket kid.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: The human trafficking element, as well as the villain's superior, end up being largely forgotten about in favor of Lansing just going after Irena.
- Woman in White: Irena dons a white dress towards the end.