''Kickboxing Academy'' is a 1997 film by Richard Gabai.
In this film, students from the titular academy face off against the rival school, Fatal Combat. The reason for that is because the Kickboxing Academy's lease will not be renewed, and the rival school plans to take control of it. Along the way, they also see Danny, a former kickboxer who decided to quit when he nearly killed an opponent. With that in mind, the students must convince him to help them defeat Fatal Combat and its leader, Captain Tarbeck, in order to save their school.
Largely obscure, though this film has developed a CultClassic status over the years.
!! ''Kickboxing Academy'' provides examples for the following tropes:
* BrokenAesop: Throughout the movie, the aesop, forgetting the past, is broken briefly by June, who just moments ago delivered a speech about forgetting the past.
** It's further broken when the reason why Danny couldn't fight is because he nearly killed someone in a tournament. And yet, he was able to fight against the bullies and Brian just fine.
* CreatorCameo: Director Richard Gabai appears as the fast food manager.
* FatAndSkinny: Stan and Barry.
* FollowTheLeader: To every other ''Film/ThreeNinjas'' knockoff films.
* HeelFaceTurn: [[spoiler:Mr. Maddox at the end of the tournament.]]
* LoopholeAbuse: Fatal Combat during the tournament, which later causes the Kickboxing Academy to use the loopholes to their own advantage.
* TheRival: Fatal Combat to the Kickboxing Academy.
* ThisIsForEmphasisBitch: "Hit the mat, bitches!"
* TitleDrop: The kickboxing academy is literally called "Kickboxing Academy".
* WhamLine: "Hurting me and hurting my students isn't gonna bring your son back, [[spoiler: Mr. Maddox]]."
** In a more meta example: "Shut up. ''Kiss me.''"