[[caption-width-right:330:[[ReviewIronicEcho At least they warned us.]]]]
The worst movie of all time, in terms of [[MedalOfDishonor total Razzie awards.]]
''Jack and Jill'' is a 2011 comedy film starring Creator/AdamSandler. The film tells the story of Jack Sadelstein (Sandler), a successful advertising executive enjoying life with his career and family including his wife Erin (Creator/KatieHolmes). But when he learns that his annoying twin sister, Jill (also Sandler), is coming over for the Thanksgiving holidays, and when she decides to stay in town a bit longer, this results in getting Jack to get Creator/AlPacino to date her so he can get Jill out of town, to less than satisfying results.
!!This film provides examples of:
* AdamWesting: Al Pacino.
* AllLoveIsUnrequited: Jill does ''not'' return Pacino's feelings.
* AttractiveBentGender: Sandler tries to pull this off in playing Jill, but ends up making Jill look like his transvestite twin brother more than his twin sister.
* BehindTheBlack: There's a scene where Creator/NormMacDonald's character goes on a date with Jill. Because he finds Jill repulsive, he decides to hide in the bathroom. When Jill comes looking for him, she opens the stall door to find it empty and leaves... only for the camera to pan up and show [=MacDonald=] hanging from the overhead light ([[FridgeLogic apparently, Jill has tunnel vision since she would’ve easily seen him there while entering the bathroom]]).
* ContinuityNod: The hobo from ''Film/HappyGilmore'' makes an appearance.
* CoversAlwaysLie: Mexican promotion for the movie made a big emphasis on famous comedian Creator/EugenioDerbez appearing on the movie, when his role wasn't too big.
* GameShowAppearance: For some reason, Jill becomes a contestant on ''Series/ThePriceIsRight''... and gets knocked out by the Big Wheel.
* HalfIdenticalTwins: Well, that's what happened when the same actor plays both opposite-gendered twins.
* IncestSubtext: Jill drops a doozy when she startles her brother by trying to sleep on the couch with him [[TheUnsmile with a manic grin]].
-->'''Jill''': Why can't I lay with you?!
* InformedAttribute: The Jill we're told about is a sweet, bighearted woman who loves seeing her brother succeed. The Jill we're ''shown'' is mean, manipulative, loud-mouthed, and obnoxious.
** Perhaps intentional to show just good she is at manipulating people that she can delude them into thinking she has merits that aren't actually there.
* InformedJudaism: The Sadelsteins.
* LeaningOnTheFourthWall: Debatable, but at the end of the film we see Creator/AlPacino act in the new Dunkin' Donuts commercial; after seeing his spot, he orders the film be burned and that no one ever sees it again. He might not have just been talking about the commercial...
* NotSoDifferent: The Sadelstein twins have more in common than Jack wants to admit. Jack's son points it out during the cinema scene.
* ProductPlacement: This ''is'' an Adam Sandler movie, after all. Justified, such as it is - Jack works as an ad executive.
* ScrewTheMoneyIHaveRules: [[spoiler: Jack disguises himself as Jill so Al Pacino can spend time with "her" and agree to appear in the commercial. Eventually, Jack [[MyGodWhatHaveIDone realizes he's gone too far]] and runs off, to which Al asks if she'll come back if he agrees to do the commercial, to which Jack replies "forget the commercial!" Of course, Al Pacino does end up doing the commercial after all... and then wants all copies destroyed.]]
* SpiritualSuccessor: To Adam Sandler's recurring ''Series/SaturdayNightLive'' skit "GAP Girls", which featured him in (far more convincing) drag.
* ToiletHumor: Double check.
* TwinBanter: Jill insists that she and Jack have a secretive gibberish vocabulary that only they understand. It seems that it's yet another of Jill's eccentricities as Jack doesn't understand it, until the climax, where it is revealed that it ''does'' exist; Jack just forgot about it.
* TwinTelepathy: Averted. Jack makes it clear that he and Jill don't have that whole twin telepathic communication. [[CloudCuckoolander It doesn't stop Jill from trying to attempt it, though.]]