Film: Boggy Creek 2: The Legend Continues
"...And continues, and continues, and continues, until there is no joy or love left in the world. But I get ahead of myself."a.k.a. The Barbaric Beast of Boggy Creek, Part II.Writer/Producer/Star Charles B.
Boggy Creek II contains examples of:
- Bigfoot, Sasquatch and Yeti: The Boggy Creek Creature is one of these.
- The Bechdel Test: Astonishingly enough, passed, thanks to Tanya and Leslie's jeep excursion.
- Deep South: Boggy Creek itself is set here.
- Fantastic Aesop: Leave Bigfoot alone — he's a part of nature's unspoiled beauty. Even Crenshaw comes to this conclusion by the end!
- Informed Attribute: Doc calls Crenshaw "old man" (and likewise, Crenshaw calls Doc "boy"), but the two of them appear to be about the same age (late 40s/early 50s). Hell, Doc's hair is greying but Crenshaw's isn't.
- Male Gaze: Aside from the shot of "these river bottoms", Dr. Lockhart seems to spend a lot of time watching Leslie.
- Never My Fault: It was Leslie's idea to take the Jeep out into the swamp. After they get it stuck, Leslie promptly begins yelling at Tanya. At the least, Tanya rightly calls her out for this, and it was Tanya who got the Jeep stuck.
- Not That Kind of Doctor: When Crenshaw tries to get Doc to help treat the young Creature being held captive, Lockhart invokes the Trope verbatim. Crenshaw is baffled at the suggestion that all doctors are not versed in the art of "fixin' people up."
- Oddly Named Sequel 2: Electric Boogaloo: Despite the title, this is the third Boggy Creek film.
- Toilet Humor: One flashback is about a guy who gets so scared by the Creature he falls into the hole in his outhouse and gets his own feces all over him. Then we see his wife washing him off. The scene is Played for Laughs, which doesn't make it any less disgusting.
- Undead Author: One of Doc's creature stories comes from a witness who died without ever telling anyone his story. It's never explained how Doc heard about this one, but it's probably best to say he made it all up.
- Walking Shirtless Scene:
- After embarking on the trip, one of the two times Tim is seen wearing a shirt... he's at the beach.
- Crenshaw also doesn't wear a shirt. And his overalls are only connected by one strap. Yeah, thanks for that, movie, we really needed to see a colossal gross fat guy shirtless for the whole last 35 minutes.