Proof that the remaining 10% is worth losing your soul for
These are recommendations made by Tropers
for 9 Fan Fics
, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here
Do warn when a fanfic may head into non-canon
territory, and for shipping fics please list the pairings involved. Some people just don't like it, and as we all know, Shipping
is Serious Business
You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. You can do it by leaving a review. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page
though; that goes in the review discussion page.
Authors and Websites
The 9 Forum: Welcome Home
- The largest fan community for 9 this side of the Internet, this forum was created after the movie's trailer was first released and has been thriving ever since. The site holds monthly contests, occassional Secret Santas (well, it started out that way, now there are Secret [insert topic here] exchanges at various points in the year), occasional Name Weeks, and as of 2012, "Character Appreciation Months". The members are extreme close with each other and have become not just a united group of fans, but an Internet family as well.
Stories focused on the family and the friendly relationships of the cast. Plot-focused stories or light day-in-the-life stories. Pretty much anything that isn't focused on romance.
- Recommended by Mokyn
- Known mostly for the heartbreaking stories "She Knew" and its sequel "Fly, Fly Little Wing", Ditto has a style that is a bit stilted if you're not used to it, but still carries the emotions of the stories in a way that is unique. Most of her stories in this fandom are oneshots based off theories before the movie came out, so they do deviate from canon a bit, but are still very worth checking out.
- Recommended by Deranged Genius
- Synopsis: Set both before and during the main movie, this fan comic creates an AU where three other stitchpunks (created by the Scientist before 9) have joined the main cast and interact with the characters and story.
by Masako Moonshade
A Chance To Say Goodbye
- Recommended by Non Sequitur Metus
- Synopsis: Set after the movie, 9 is sure that his work is not yet done, but in his quest, he attempts the unthinkable.
by Chibijaime (AU, non-canon pairing at the end)
- Recommended by Midoriri
- Synopsis: A post-movie Fix Fic in which 9, after having dreams /visions of 6 telling him that the pieces of a soul have to be together, works with the other three survivors to revive his friends.
- Recommended by Mokyn
- Synopsis: Set three years after the end of the movie, it follows the survivors as they travel through the empty world, trying to find shelter.
A 9 Christmas Carol
- Recommended by Xiphon III
- Synopsis: from the author's page, "We had such potential...such promise...The REAL story of 9! Rated T for language, Candlejack, Tinker Toy monsters, and a bumbling n00b of a stitchpunk. WARNING: THIS STORY WAS WRITTEN PURELY OUT OF BOREDOM. I am SO going to hell for this."
- Tags: Crack fic, AU fic.
by Jgal Dragonborn
Stories focused on the romantic relationships between the cast.
- Recommended by Prophet615
- Synopsis: The classic Christmas Carol story set in the 9 world with 1 playing the role as Scrooge, a fandom-wide cast of O Cs, and musical numbers. 1 has become a tyrant, and when he is visited by the spirit of his old partner 6 on Christmas Eve he must change his ways before it is too late for him and other souls in need of his help.
- Tags: AU fic, Crossover fic
- Recommended by Felicite
- Synopsis: In which there is much AU, 2 is Jewish, 7 likes to skateboard, and the 9 crew are modern-age humans.
- Recommended by ronfan2005
- Synopsis: Zero is the stitchpunk made first, imperfect and broken. But, then again, so is 6. Mostly post-story, 6xOC, 5x9.