is a Smallville Fan Fic
, a very dark version of a very common Smallville fanfic topic: "red K summer", or what might have happened around the time of Exile
when Clark runs away to Metropolis when he becomes Kal
under the effects of red kryptonite. A violent and somewhat realistic
take on the Kaloe relationship
This series provides examples of:
- The Atoner: Clark for most of the series. To the point that he allows Chloe to torture him repeatedly with kryptonite and come an inch to actually killing him.
- Bread, Eggs, Milk, Squick: Clark thinking of what he is supposed to say to Martha.
- Big Bad: Hard to tell whether it is Kal or Brainiac, especially as it happened all inside Clark's head.
- Brain Bleach: You want to keep it handy at chapter two.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: Clark, by Brainiac. At least, that is what Chloe wants to think.
- Break the Cutie: Chloe is physically abused and mentally shattered by Kal's sexual assault, but when you think it is bad enough, Clark admits that he is not being controlled and actually wanted to hurt her. Chloe tortures him with kryptonite but it only makes it worse because despite what he did to her and she would never admit it, she still cares for him and it hurts her to hurt him. Chloe and her father both lost their jobs thanks to Lionel, they are about to lose their house and the Torch is stripped clean.
- The Dark Side Will Make You Forget: But not when you do something that evil.
- Defiled Forever: Unsurprisingly, Chloe thinks like that.
- Despair Event Horizon: Clark comes pretty close after he raped Chloe, and even closer when he took off the ring.
The accusing word hung over him like a noose.
He was a rapist. He’d raped his best friend.
...All the hurt and pain from the last few months, and the last few hours in particular, flooded him and threatened to cripple him with its intensity.
The look in Chloe’s eyes...
- Chloe goes over the edge when Clark admits that he is not being controlled and actually wanted to hurt her.
- Driven to Suicide: Chloe. Could you really blame her?
- Even Evil Has Standards: Even Kal regrets raping Chloe.
- Evil Is Easy:
She took his other hand and clasped them both tightly. "You need to answer me now, Clark," she said, her voice trembling. "Just tell me the truth. Did you hurt me on purpose, or not?"
Without a doubt this was the hardest, most painful, most difficult decision of his life. But it had to be done.
Sadly, he lifted his gaze and looked into her pleading eyes.
- Forgot About His Powers: Clark couldn't stop Chloe from slicing her wrist.
- For the Evulz: Chloe seems to think Clark raped her for just that. See Unwanted Rescue.
- Hurt/Comfort Fic: Rather unusual when it is the same person.
- Ignorance Is Bliss: Chloe wishes Clark never told her he meant to hurt her.
Her eyes filled with tears and her voice shook as she went on. “I wanted you to lie to me that day,” she said bleakly. “I pleaded with you to tell me I was wrong to hate you, that there was still some good in you...”
- Jekyll & Hyde: Taken to extremes with Clark and Kal.
- Kryptonite Ring: A very dark example. Clark gives Chloe a piece of kryptonite once he is back to Smallville. She keeps it around at all times. And eventually she would torture him with kryptonite.
- Lampshade Hanging:
"Home planet?" she echoed. "Where exactly are you from?"
She snorted. "Couldn’t you think up a better lie than that, Clark? I don’t need to remind you that we both memorised the Periodic Table in your loft in a single afternoon."
- Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex: Despite being Kal, Chloe is "only" badly messed up physically.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Kal says this almost word-for-word when he returns to the apartment and is forced to face the evidence of his assault and the fact that he raped his best friend out of pure spite. When he takes off the red kryptonite ring, Clark is immediately crushed by a mountain of guilt.
- Never My Fault: Jor-El.
- Nigh Invulnerable: Clark. Notable as this means the police didn't get any trace on Chloe's body after the assault. Also what gives Clark away when Chloe shoots him in the chest.
- Not Himself:
As much as he tried to hide the truth from her, his eyes could never lie. Today, she’d looked into those eyes and seen a complete stranger. Something was wrong. That wasn't her Clark.
- Psycho Ex-Girlfriend: Pete thinks Clark slept with Chloe to make Lana jealous and that makes Chloe torture him with kryptonite. How very wrong he is (Clark didn't have the guts to admit he raped Chloe).
- Rape Discretion Shot: Painfully subverted.
- Rape Is a Special Kind of Evil: The point of the whole series. It is so evil that even Kal feels remorse and regret in raping Chloe.
- Shooting Superman: When Chloe attempts to shoot Clark for coming too close, you know this is a dead serious example.
- This Is Unforgivable!: Obviously.
- Took a Level in Dumbass: I'm sure it is a brilliant idea to kidnap Chloe by going into the personality that raped her in the first place, Clark.
- Ungrateful Bastard: Kal's response to Chloe's attempts to get him home is to rape her.
- Unwanted Rescue:
"You should’ve let me die, Clark," she said, her eyes hardening. "You should have let that truck crush me months ago and take away my life. Because then it would have been quick and painless, and I would have gone to my grave thinking you were a half-way decent person. Not someone who rapes his best friend because he’s having an off day."
- What You Are in the Dark: Chloe apparently believes Kal kidnaps her to a desert to rape her. He doesn't.
"You mean you didn’t want anyone to hear me scream while you raped me again," she spat, her eyes flashing in anger. "You sick, sick bastard. You’ll never get the chance."