Whotrek: The Ultimate Adventure 1
is a Troll Fic
written by DoctorxMasterxKirk4Evar. It starts off as a crossover between Doctor Who
and Star Trek: The Original Series
, where the Enterprise crew and the Doctor must team up to face off against some mysterious evil, but things quickly take a turn for the Massive Multiplayer Crossover
genre as characters from all sorts of works show up in minor or major roles inhabiting an universe that seems to completely and utterly lack even the slightest semblance of common sense and logic.
Whotrek: The Ultimate Adventure 1 contains examples of...
- Apocalypse How: Chapter 10. It's claimed to be a Class Z, in that it specifically says that "ALL OF REALITY WAS GON 4EVA AND THER WAS NOTING ANY1 COLD DO ABOT IT!"... but this is then immediately proven blatantly false when the next chapter begins with the characters waking up in "the rubble of reality", and proceed to try and put everything back together again.
- Attractive Bent-Gender: Picard is turned into a girl at one point. Specifically, he is turned into Jean Grey.
- Big Bad: Either the Master, in that the story is generally spent trying to prevent him from destroying the unierse in some way, or the Q Continuum, as they are the ones behind the universe having gone crazy in the first place.
- Decoy Protagonist: Kirk. Also Picard could be counted as a Decoy Not-Protagonist, as the author outright states in chapter one that she's not writing about him, only for him to end up being the main hero later.
- For the Evulz: The Master outright states that he only wants to destroy the universe because he's evil, and that's what evil people do.
- Loads and Loads of Characters
- One-Winged Angel: The Master and Picard both do this during the final battle. The Master becomes a giant dragon, whereas Picard, to even out the odds, transforms into... Totoro.
- Series Continuity Error: This fic has a nasty tendency to kill of characters only to have them inexplicably be alive again later. The most glaring example would be Wesley, who dies no less than eleven times over the course of the story. Often multiple times per chapter.
- Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness: Parodied in the scene where the characters encounter the Architect, who not only uses grandiose words for absolutely everything, but also manages to constantly use the wrong words, making his entire dialogue incomprehensible nonsense.
"I created the Matrix. Ergo I can photosynthesis 90 percent of space-time to eradicate the miscreant particles of individuality. Ergo I am most definitely not the man you refer to as the Master
therefore I will not anti this establishment and simultaneously the relevant pseudopods of your clavicle heliocentrism."
- Took a Level in Badass: Picard becomes a Q... purely for the sake of him being able to have sex with Q without dying. It still ends up coming in handy several other times as well though.
- The Reveal: Disregarding the frequent reveals of various characters actually being the Master, the twelfth chapter reveals that all the insane stuff that went on in the story was all due to someone in the Q-continuum suggesting to turn all of reality into a crappy fanfic. It was apparently just a joke that was accidentally taken seriously.