The Monsters Who Always Lie
by Rubygirl283 AU
, Continuation Fic
. Light Yagami's adventures had he won in the Yellow Box situation.
The Monsters Who Always Lie provides examples of:
- Antagonist in Mourning: Light over L.
- The Bad Guy Wins: Kira wins.
- Chronic Backstabbing Disorder: Light
- Consummate Liar: Light and L
- Dark Fic
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: Light sways Matsuda to side with him when he convinces him that despite being Kira he really did love his father.
- Evil Gloating: Light when killing Near.
- Evil Overlord: Light
- Hannibal Lecture: after being exposed as Kira, Light succeeds in swaying Matsuda over to his side.
- Not So Different:
Light: Before you die, I want you to know that the part of me that is still human, it cried, violently. When L died. We had a passionate moment, where I realized that he cared for me, and the facade I put up told him that I cared for him. He slipped me a single secret, and told me to keep it between us. I've respected his wish until now. That single secret... was that he was terrified, of me, of this investigation, of his entire existence. He said that he knew this investigation would be the end of him if it turned out it was me, because he would be fighting himself, the way we both lied carelessly and cunningly. I was the one monster that he couldn't beat, the greatest detective on this entire planet couldn't solve himself. What does that tell you?
- The Sociopath: Light
- The Stoic: Light to the nth degree.