We trained her.
We taught her.
We raised her to godhood.
She brought us down to earth.The Monster We Made
is a My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic Dark Fic
by Corah Il Cappo.
Twilight Sparkle was raised into an immortal alicorn goddess by Celestia and Luna.
She rebelled against them.
The story can be read here
. There is a sequel in progress, Memoirs in Ink and Blood
This story contains examples of:
- A God Am I: Twilight Sparkle.
- Apocalyptic Log: the first chapter is a document left behind by Luna after she was forced to flee for her life.
- Constrained Writing: Each chapter, except for the last one and the bonus chapter, has exactly 1000 words. The last chapter has exactly 2000 words. Since the bonus chapter is about Discord, it has a non-round number: 1050 words. The sequel is following the same pattern so far. The author calls it "an exercise in minimalism".
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Except for Discord, none of the characters had a chance.
- Defiant to the End: Pinkie Pie keeps a smile to her end.
- Gone Horribly Right: Celestia and Luna recognized Twilight Sparkle's exceptional talent, trained and taught her, and raised her into an alicorn goddess.
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice: Rarity.
- Posthumous Narration: Except for Luna, Discord, and Twilight Sparkle.
- Shut Up, Hannibal!: Discord to Twilight in the bonus chapter.
- Switching P.O.V.: Each chapter is narrated in First-Person Perspective from a different character.
- Title Drop: Twice. Once in Celestia's chapter, and once at the end of the last chapter.
- And Discord drops the series title at the end of his chapter.
- Visual Pun: Discord does one to Twilight. She does not take it well.