Shadowchasers: Dragon Lords
is a crossover fanfic of Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds
and X-Men: Evolution
and part of the Shadowchasers
series.Shadowchasers: Dragon Lords
starts a few days before the events of the Fortune Cup in Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds
. Set in the town of Seidou in Japan that had been settled by the X-Men following the Mutant War twenty years prior.
Also look at the Characters In Shadowchasers Dragon Lords
This Fic Includes the Following Tropes:
- Action Girl: Leia Kaiba and Anna Marie Covaks.
- Badass Biker / Biker Babe: The three characters that have appeared so far have used Duel Runners.
- Badass Normal: Like most Shadowchasers, at least two of the main characters. Marie, is one possible exception, being a Mutant, although she has yet to exhibit anything beyond the Trope.
- Children Are Special: This fic combines the use of the Trope in both Shadowchasers and X-Men continuity, since mutants tend to be young, and children also tend to be Aware.
- Cover Song: There is a cover of the song "Children of the Grave" in Chapter 2.
- Crossover: Obviously. (Cyber Commander has stated that it is up to each individual author whether the story is canon or not.
- Great Offscreen War: The Mutant War that took place twenty years before the events of the fanfic that lead to the X-Men moving to Japan and settling in Seidou.
- Heroes With Bad Publicity: The X-Men may qualify because of past actions, much like they do in their own continuity.
- Invisible to Normals: Mutants are considered to be the same as humans as far as the ability to see Shadows go; a mutant can either be Mundane, Sensitive, or Aware.
- Meaningful Name: The name of the town "Seidou" is a Japanese word that means Sanctuary. This is a reference to how Seidou serves as a sanctuary for Mutants and Shadows.
- Shout-Out: Other than the obvious references to X-Men, in Chapter 3 there is a Joystealer named Liddel, fittingly she uses an Alice in Wonderland deck.
- The same Joystealer was meant as a shout out to Alice Liddel in Warehouse 13, who's spirit could possess people through a mirror.
- Where the Hell is Seidou?: Like Domino City, Seidou is referred to as only being in Japan and is given no real location. In fact, the only referenced nearby city is Neo Domino City.