is a My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic fanfic by Kiroberos.
It follows the adventures of Moon Mender, an amnesiac alien from an alternate universe who finds himself in Equestria. Waking up in the Everfree forest, he quickly encounters the ponies we know and love. Will he find a way home, or will he be stuck in Equestria forever?
Memory Pending contains the following tropes:
- Absurdly Sharp Blade: Moon Mender creates one of these by way of a nanometer thick force field.
- Accidental Pervert: Mender, upon realizing that all the ponies in town - particularly females - wear no clothes.
- Amnesiac Hero: Moon Mender pretty much fit the trope to a T.
- Apocalypse How: The Grosh succesfully pulled a stellar species extinction on Moon Mender race, and it's hinted that their goal is an universal life extinction to obtain immortality, one species at a time.
- Bittersweet Ending: In the end, the datas on the link between the worlds are lost, the scientific ship destroyed, and Equestria is safe from the Grosh menace. Sadly, if you choose to stick with the first epilogue, then Moon Mender died to protect Equestria, Fluttershy never get the chance to confess her love, and Twilight is devastated by her failure to save him, tough the mane six never forgot his sacrifice.
- Fortunately, there's a second ending that reveals the sad parts were All Just a Dream, and Mender is still alive and well. This leads into the author's planned sequel.
- Butt Monkey: Mender, particularly at first when he knows next to nothing about the ponies, ends up going through a lot of abuse. Though as time goes on, this slowly becomes less funny.
- Earth-Shattering Kaboom: What happened to Moon Mender's home world, as well as other planet of their race, courtesy of the Grosh.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Mender attempts this to defeat the Grosh and save Equestria. This works no matter which of the two endings you choose to stick with, but in the second one, he survives.
- Meaningful Name: When Twilight and Spike came up with the name for Moon Mender, it was to refer to his coat color and his talent for fixing things and others' feelings, but when he discovered that he had created a link between is dimension and Equestria, making it possible for the Grosh to get through, he was dead set on fixing this.
Moon Mender: Everything snapped into place and I suddenly smiled. It made sense now. It was all karma. I threw away my life before, in a pointless attempt to save a few. I didn't want to die. And I had failed. Our species was lost and I was all that was left. I should have gone with them, but I didn't. I was given another chance. Why? To get my wish. My real, true wish. It was the reason I joined the guard in the first place. To make a difference. To fix what was wrong and lacking justice.