- Bigger Bad: Discord's mother. If giving birth to him wasn't enough, she may have had something to do with Discord abandoning her, leading to his takeover of Equestria. However, she seems to be becoming the Big Bad in the sequel.
- The Cameo: Remember the dragon from Dragonshy? Yeah, he appears in chapter seventeen of From Here to Eternity.
- Dark Fic: Not really up to snuff considering some of the competition, but it's still dark enough to qualify.
- Eldritch Location: From what little is described about the Edge of the World (Discord's place of birth) it seems to be this, it being a prison-like place of grayness, darkness, and no sunlight. (or any sun at all) Needless to say, Discord hated it.
- No Antagonist: At least in Memories, but it did have Discord as a Villain Protagonist.
- Powered by a Forsaken Child: The Elements of Harmony were created by killing six ponies who best represented said Elements. The process hurts, too.
- Sequel Hook: Memories ends with Serenity saying that she's found a way to free Discord, and promising that he'll be free soon.
- This Is Unforgivable!: This is Serenity's reaction to Twilight when she realizes she turned Discord back to stone.
- Wham Line: "Twilight, that book has no magic power. It belonged to Serenity and she had no magical ability. Having read her book, you should know that. Besides, I would know if it harbored any magic."
Fanfic / Memories
Memories is a My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic fanfic written by Sada-Pazaki. You can find this fanfic here. The sequel, From Here to Eternity, can be found here. They can also be found on DeviantART.It starts off a week after Twilight and her friends defeat Discord. Twilight finds a mysterious book that once belonged to an equally mysterious pony reveals things about the past Twilight never would have suspected. However, a few days later, soon after learning about Serenity's past and the secrets it held, Twilight is shocked to hear about Discord being freed again. However this time he has no powers and it's all due to an unknown creature by the name of Schism. Due to Twilight's insistence, he and the Mane 6 embark on a journey to recover his powers... And hopefully Twilight will finally get some answers about the past from Discord himself. And what does the mysterious Serenity (the pony the book belonged to) and Discord's even more mysterious mother have to do with this?