This fanfic contains examples of:
- Cast Full of Gay / Everyone Is Bi: Captain America and Iron Man are a couple, the fic spent ten chapters implying that Kid Flash and Red Arrow are dating before confirming it, Superboy may or may not have a crush on Robin, and if Robin's comment about Superman sleeping on the couch are any indication Batman and Superman might be a bit more than friends as well.
- A Dog Named Dog: Superboy gets a pet dog and goldfish. Three guesses to what he names them. And the first two don't count.
Tony: Conner, think of a classy restaurant name.Conner: How about restaurant?Tony: Never mind, kid.
- He got Fish because he thought it would be a nice gesture towards Kaldur. Kaldur and Fish constantly argue.
- Tony constantly lampshades Connor's lack of creativity.
- Made worse (more hilarious) when Superboy declares that he wants a young sister that he will name "Girl" or "Sister".
- Badass Family: When you've got Iron Man, Captain America, and Superboy in it, it's bound to be this, even with James and Sarah, who say that they're going to become superheros when they grow up.
- Character Development: As the story goes on, Conner becomes noticeably calmer and less angry from Steve's influence.
- Crossover: Duh.
- Fanboy: Wally to Captain America. And arguably, nearly everyone to Captain America due to most growing up learning about him in school, but Wally is the most obvious.
- Good Parents: Steve and Tony.
- Has Two Daddies: Superboy.
- Human Popsicle: Steve.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Naturally, Tony. This makes it hard for Conner to get along with him at first.
- Oblivious to Love: Steve does not seem to notice that Bruce Wayne is (implied to be) attracted to him.
- Secret Identity: In this fic, Captain America's identity is a secret, and Steve Rogers is just this "normal" artist who's dating Tony. It becomes a bit of a plot point after they adopt Conner.
- We the readers know that Batman is Bruce Wayne, and that Robin is Dick Grayson. but nearly everyone else doesn't. This leads to some comical situations/implied-behind-the-scenes stuff that Steve or Conner don't see happening.
- The Gadfly: Steve mentions that Natasha likes flirting with him to bug Tony.
- "Well Done, Son!" Guy: Superboy. Thankfully, Steve helps him out.