Susan Mary Cooper (born 23 May 1935) is a British fantasy author, best known for Literature/TheDarkIsRising series. Her other novels include ''The Boggart'' and ''King of Shadows''.
!!Works by Susan Cooper with their own trope page include:
* ''Literature/TheDarkIsRising'' series
!!Other works by Susan Cooper provide examples of:
* BeethovenWasAnAlienSpy: It's never made clear exactly what's going on with [[spoiler:Richard Burbage/Babbage]] in ''King of Shadows'', but it's definitely something supernatural.
* HauntedTechnology: In ''The Boggart'', the boggart possesses a computer.
* HistoricalDomainCharacter: [[ShakespeareInFiction William Shakespeare]], Richard Burbage, and others in ''King of Shadows''.
* IntergenerationalFriendship: In ''King of Shadows'', 11-year-old actor Nat is transported back in time to 1599, where he forms a loving friendship with 33-year-old William Shakespeare. Nat's father killed himself and Shakespeare's son died at Nat's age, which is why they are drawn to one another.
* LoverAndBeloved: Heavy subtext in the relationship between Shakespeare and the protagonist in ''King of Shadows''.
* SelkiesAndWereseals: Her picture book ''Selkie Girl'' recounts a traditional selkie legend from Ireland. ''Seaward'' features characters who turn out to be selkies.
* TrustBuildingBlunder: In ''King of Shadows'', a JerkAss drops the hero in the falling-backward exercise... and is promptly bawled out by the director and kicked out of the group on the spot.