Studio Pixel is the one-man production team behind the hugely successful freeware (and now WiiWare
) game Cave Story
. His real name is Daisuke Amaya, and he lives in Japan.
Games made by Studio Pixel include:
- Akantares, in which you try to shoot the other player while accounting for the gravity of the surrounding obstacles.
- Azarashi, a reaction-time minigame.
- Cave Story, an action game.
- Guxt, a shmup.
- Ikachan, a smaller-scale metroidvania game that is usually regarded as a precursor to Cave Story.
- Megane, a game involving catching one's glasses falling from the sky.
- Soaprun, a work-in-progress multiplayer sandbox that relies on connecting to a central server that's often down.
- Kero Blaster, a side scrolling platformer.
Other works by pixel include: