Creator: Robert Wise
A man who started his career in Hollywood in 1934, Robert Wise (September 10, 1914 — September 14, 2005) was involved with pretty much every major film project, in every studio department, in every major genre that you can possibly imagine. According to his bio at IMDB, Wise worked several odd jobs at RKO until someone noticed his talent as a sound editor, and the rest is history. From 1934-35, he worked as a sound editor (vastly uncredited) for movies like Of Human Bondage, The Gay Divorcee, The Informer, and Top Hat, before moving on to editor of Bachelor Mother, 5th Ave Girl, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, My Favorite Wife, and Dance, Dance, Dance, before his first major job on Citizen Kane, being handpicked by the the legendary Orson Welles. Not known by many, his first directing career was actually on The Magnificent Ambersons, uncredited, nonetheless, but a major step in a young filmmaker's career.Several of Robert Wise's major film roles include:
- Of Human Bondage- Wise's first job as sound editor.
- Citizen Kane - Where Wise first started to get noticed, and appreciated, as a film editor.
- The Magnificent Ambersons - editor, director of additional footage, defended his cut against Orson Welles's original cut
- The Curse of the Cat People - One of his early, credited directing jobs.
- The Body Snatcher
- The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951)
- Return to Paradise - His first film as producer.
- West Side Story
- The Haunting (1963)
- The Sound of Music
- The Sand Pebbles
- The Andromeda Strain
- Star Trek The Motion Picture