Creator: Reese Witherspoon
Reese Witherspoon was born March 22, 1976, in New Orleans, Louisiana. She won an Academy Award in 2005 for her portrayal of June Carter Cash in Walk the Line. Her breakout role was Elle Woods in Legally Blonde. She is noted for being able to play a broad spectrum of characters. She was married to Ryan Philippe.
- Elle Woods in Legally Blonde
- Annette Hargrove in Cruel Intentions
- Tracy Flick in Election
- Vanessa Julia Lutz in Freeway
- Jennifer in Pleasantville
- June Carter Cash in Walk the Line
- Nicole in Fear
- Nicky's mom in Little Nicky
- Kate in Four Christmases
- Voice of Ginormica in Monsters vs. Aliens
- Voice of Debbie (Buck Strickland's mistress) on King of the Hill.
- Voice of Greta Wolfcastle, Rainier's daughter, and Bart's girlfriend on The Simpsons.
- Marlena in Water for Elephants
- Lauren in This Means War
- Penny in Inherent Vice
- Cheryl Strayed in Wild
Tropes relating to her carreer:
- Large Ham: She's pretty hammy in Freeway, Election, and also a few moments of Legally Blonde.
- Ms. Fanservice: She is often portraed as sexy or a lust object, e.g. in This Means War, Legally Blonde, or Nipple and Dimed in Twilight (no, not that one), or in Wild as well, though some of it is also Fan Disservice.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Gifted at doing these, see Walk the Line, Freeway, Election, etc.
- Playing Against Type: Tracy and Vannessa are nothing like Elle Woods. Her role as real-life novelist/hiker Cheryl Strayed in Wild allowed her to play a subdued character with a lot of emotional flaws.
- Rule of Sean Connery: She killed Kiefer Sutherland, screwed with Matthew Broderick, shot Paul Newman, and got into Harvard. Yeah. She's awesome.
- She Really Can Act (And Sing): Just see Walk The Line and your jaw will drop. She also learned to play the auto-harp for the film.
- What Could Have Been: