English fantasy writer, best known for the His Dark Materials trilogy, with the Sally Lockhart series a close second. He has also written a bunch of other stuff, including the gothic-horror parody Count Karlstein and Spring-Heeled Jack, a superhero yarn set in Victorian London. He also penned an alternative take on the story of Jesus, The Good Man Jesus and the Scoundrel Christ.
Works by Philip Pullman with their own trope pages include:
Other works by Philip Pullman provide examples of:
- Belief Makes You Stupid: A common theme.
- Epigraph: Spring-Heeled Jack, not entirely seriously.
- Foregone Conclusion: The White Mercedes aka The Butterfly Tattoo
- Love at First Sight: The White Mercedes aka The Butterfly Tattoo
- Meanwhile, Back at the...: Spring-Heeled Jack
- Old Shame: Pullman's first novel.
- Orphanage of Fear: Spring-Heeled Jack
- Public-Domain Character: Spring-Heeled Jack
- Superhero: Spring-Heeled Jack
- Victorian London: Spring-Heeled Jack
- The Wild Hunt: Count Karlstein