Morinaga Milk is a Girls Love mangaka whose works include Girl Friends, The Secret Recipe, and Kisses, Sighs, and Cherry Blossom Pink. Notable for frequently averting a lot of stock Girls Love tropes like Bury Your Gays, Bait-and-Switch Lesbians, Tomboy and Girly Girl, and Relationship Ceiling.
Tropes frequently used by this author:
- Author Appeal: Mister Donut seems to pop up a lot in her work.
- Cannot Spit It Out: Her favorite way to draw out a work,
- Gayngst: Though its never so much being gay as being the problem more so that the characters just don't know how to be with the same gender.
- Lipstick Lesbian: Most characters tend to be rather girly and interested in fashion and cooking.
- Love Hurts: Her characters tend to wax endlessly about the immposibility of their love, whith tears in eyes.
- Only Six Faces: Many of her characters look similar, with their hair or height being the only difference.
- Romantic Two-Girl Friendship: Milk prefers her relationships to blossom from these, almost all of her characters are close friends or become close friends long before they start dating.
- School Girl Lesbians: All of her works take place in high school
- Something Completely Different: Happens in Omakes, but also some manga's are very different from the comedy, slice of life, yuri's Milk is known for.
- Super-Deformed: Switches into this depending on the mood.