Creator: Ken Russell
Flamboyant British film director (1927-2011), noted for his often-controversial films, among which we count:
- Women In Love (1969)
- The Devils (1971)
- The Boy Friend (1971)
- Tommy (1975)
- Lisztomania (1975)
- Altered States (1980)
- Gothic (1986)
- The Lair of the White Worm (1988)
- Salome's Last Dance (1988)
- Whore (1991)
- Animal Motifs: He uses snakes and snake-related imagery in all of his films.
- Corrupt Church: A frequent theme in his entire oeuvre.
- Show Within a Show: He uses this structure to frame his adaptations of The Boy Friend and Salome. The former has a rundown theatre company trying to impress a big producer with their show, and the latter has the staff of a London brothel performing the play for Oscar Wilde himself.
- Something Completely Different: The Boy Friend is a G-rated musical comedy styled after Golden Age of Hollywood musicals.
- Soundtrack Dissonance
- Surreal Horror