Creator: David Bradley
David Bradley is an English actor and comedian. He is best known for playing Argus Filch in the Harry Potter films, though he is also an established stage actor with a career that includes a Laurence Olivier Award for his role in a production of King Lear. Other acting credits include the BBC series Our Friends in the North, the HBO series Game of Thrones, the ITV series Broadchurch, and the films Hot Fuzz and Captain America: The First Avenger. In 2013, he portrayed William Hartnell, the actor who portrayed the First Doctor, in the Doctor Who docudrama An Adventure in Space and Time. He currently stars as Abraham Setrakian on The Strain.
- Cool Old Guy: Due to being in some of the great fantasy/sci-fi franchises, like Harry Potter, Game of Thrones, Doctor Who and others.
- Guttural Growler: David Bradley can make his voice very harsh, which is most noticeable in his role as Abraham Setrakian.
- Mean Character Nice Actor: Argus Filch is a nasty piece of work and Walder Frey is a thousand times worse, but David Bradley is a cheerful, pleasant fellow who's delighted to meet fans.
- Type Casting: He often plays Evil Old Folks of sorts. Exceptions to this rule can be found in roles like Abraham Setrakian and William Hartnell. Also exploited in Broadchurch, where he plays a cranky old man with a dark secret who is nonetheless a lot more than he seems.
- Harry Potter as Argus Filch
- Hot Fuzz as Arthur Webley
- The Colour of Magic as Cohen the Barbarian
- Harry Brown as Leonard Attwell
- The World's End as Basil
- An Adventure in Space and Time as William Hartnell
- The Tudors as Will Somers
- The Sarah Jane Adventures as Shansheeth
- Game of Thrones as Walder Frey
- Doctor Who as Solomon
- Broadchurch as Jack Marshall
- The Strain as Professor Abraham Setrakian