David John Bradley (born 1942) is an English actor and comedian. He is best known for playing Argus Filch in the Harry Potter films, though he is also an established stage actor with a career that includes a Laurence Olivier Award for his role in a production of King Lear. Other acting credits include The BBC series Our Friends in the North, the HBO series Game of Thrones, the ITV series Broadchurch, and the films Hot Fuzz and Captain America: The First Avenger. In 2013, he portrayed William Hartnell, the actor who portrayed the First Doctor, in the Doctor Who docudrama An Adventure in Space and Time. He currently stars as Abraham Setrakian on The Strain.
- Cool Old Guy: Due to being in some of the great fantasy/sci-fi franchises, like Harry Potter, Game of Thrones, Doctor Who and others.
- Face of a Thug: His face can only be described as an Obviously Evil Grumpy Old Man incarnate but David is a pleasant fellow who's very friendly to his fans.
- Grumpy Old Man: Almost invariably, when Bradley isn't playing a raging psychopath, he's playing one of these.
- Guttural Growler: David Bradley can make his voice very harsh, which is most noticeable in his role as Abraham Setrakian.
- Mean Character, Nice Actor
- Obviously Evil: His roles, not him! But admittingly Hollywood loves faces like his for evil/grumpy seniors.
- Harry Potter as Argus Filch
- Hot Fuzz as Arthur Webley
- The Colour of Magic as Cohen the Barbarian
- Harry Brown as Leonard Attwell
- The World's End as Basil
- An Adventure in Space and Time as William Hartnell
- Our Friends in the North as Eddie Wells
- The Tudors as Will Somers
- The Sarah Jane Adventures as Shansheeth
- Game of Thrones as Walder Frey
- Doctor Who as Solomon
- Broadchurch as Jack Marshall
- The Strain as Professor Abraham Setrakian