"The problem for Audrey Tautou is that she is doomed to trail clouds of 'Amélie' wherever she goes. Those inky round eyes and that pixie mug insure that hers are the features, poor thing, that social anthropologists will eternally reach for when asked to illustrate the term 'gamine'. Or 'mignonne'."French actress, born August 9, 1976
— Anthony Lane's review of Coco Before Chanel in The New Yorker
Her filmography includes:
- Le Libertin (2000)
- Amélie (2001)
- He Loves Me... He Loves Me Not (2002)
- The Spanish Apartment (2002)
- Dirty Pretty Things (2002)
- A Very Long Engagement (2004)
- The Da Vinci Code (2006)
- Mood Indigo (2013)
This actress contains examples of:
- Billing Displacement: As the only current French actress that most of the English speaking world is guaranteed to know (along with Marion Cotillard and possibly Juliette Binoche), it happens to her a lot. She's front and center on the American posters for The Spanish Apartment, even though her on-screen time in the whole movie probably wouldn't total 10 minutes.
- Manic Pixie Dream Girl: Most notably in Amélie but also in some of her other movies.
- One Woman Song: "Tautou" by Brand New. The lyrics consist of "I'm sinking like a stone in the sea/I'm burning like a bridge for your body".
- Playing with Character Type: He Loves Me... He Loves Me Not completely and utterly eviscerated the persona she'd become known for after Amélie.