Characters: The Vampire Diaries Family Members
Click here to return to the character page.
open/close all folders
: James Remar
"These creatures are of the darkest parts of hell...they must be destroyed!"
- Abusive Parent: See Knight Templar.
- Action Dad: Involved amidst all of the vampire action.
- Aggressive Categorism: Giuseppe has an Irrational Hatred towards all vampire and sees them all as abominations.
- The Alcoholic: Stefan mentions how after his mother died, Giuseppe became a heavy drinker.
- Badass/Badass Normal: Giuseppe was a normal human but he was capable of fending for himself.
- Blood Knight: Giuseppe is always eager to kill and eradicate as many vampires as possible.
- The Chessmaster: Giuseppe is very manipulative.
- Control Freak: Giuseppe was very controlling and authoritarian by nature.
- Dirty Coward
- Drowning My Sorrows: After Giuseppe's wife died, he used alcohol as a coping mechanism for his grief.
- Fantastic Racism: Giuseppe has a hatred against vampires.
- The Fundamentalist: A non-religious example. Giuseppe strongly believed that all vampires are evil and incapable of any good.
- Gentleman and a Scholar
- Hoist by His Own Petard: Giuseppe tries to stake Stefan as a vampire, but instead, Giuseppe ends up fatally wounded after he was staked by the same stake that he was going to use to kill his own son.
- The Hunter: Giuseppe hunts vampires and wanted to protect Mystic Falls from them taking over the town.
- Irrational Hatred: Towards all vampires.
- Jerkass: BIG TIME.
- Karmic Death: Giuseppe ends up being killed by his own son Stefan, who happens to be a vampire, the one thing that he hunts and despises.
- Killed Off for Real: After rejecting Stefan for siding with the vampires, he tried to stake him with a wooden stake that he broke off himself, but he was thrown aside with the impact of Stefan's unexpected vampire strength and accidentally stabbed himself with the stake.
- Knight Templar: Killed his own sons for trying to help a vampire escape.
- Manipulative Bastard: Extremely cunning and manipulative.
- Overprotective Dad: Especially over Stefan.
- Papa Wolf: Very protective of his sons, especially Stefan.
- Parental Favoritism: For Stefan, whom he admired for being studious and responsible while he believed his eldest son Damon was irresponsible and lacked any sense of direction.
- The Patriarch: Of the Salvatore family.
- Posthumous Character
- Protectorate: As a member of one of the Founding Families of Mystic Falls, Giuseppe had a duty to protect the town of Mystic Falls from vampires.
- Sharp-Dressed Man: Always well dressed and well put together.
- The Stoic: Doesn't show emotion and is very stern.
- Vampire Hunter: Hunts vampires and sees them as an abomination.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: See Knight Templar.
: Chris William Martin
"Blood only runs so deep when you're related to vampires."
: by David Anders
"You know, Jeremy, I was taught to hate them, the vampires. Itís what I know. Itís what your father knew."
Portrayed: by Jason Macdonald
Miranda Sommers Gilbert
Portrayed: by Erin Beute
- Posthumous Character: Before the beginning of the series, he and his husband Grayson drowned after their car fell off of Wickery Bridge and into the lake.
Portrayed: by Joe Knezevich
Sheila 'Grams' Bennett
: Jasmine Guy
"I am not Bonnie. You don`t wanna mess with me."
: Persia White
"Your grams is way better at this stuff than I am."
Portrayed by Rick Worthy
Bonnie's father who becomes the mayor after Carol is killed.
Sheriff Elizabeth 'Liz' Forbes
: Marguerite MacIntyre
"I`m not going to let people get caught in the crossfire of a pissing contest between a hybrid and a vampire."
: Jack Coleman
"You're a vampire, sweetheart. I don't think you'll ever be okay again."
Portrayed by: Melinda Clarke.
Mayor Richard Lockwood
Portrayed by: Robert Pralgo.
"You know, if you`re going to bring a girl home I wish she`d have the tact not to sneak out like a prostitute."
Portrayed by: Susan Walters.
: Taylor Kinney
"Oh, what am I? I apologize. Iím an animal."
Portrayed by: Randy J. Goodwin
: Bryton James
"We`re all bonded together by a code of loyalty to help each other."
Portrayed by: Lisa Tucker
: Chris Johnson
"I`ve things to do, people to kill."
Dr. Meredith Fell
Portrayed by: Torrey DeVitto