This is the character sheet for Bloodline. Spoilers are found.
One of the remaining vampire clans and most wanted by the Shengdi. Lead by Last, Lilo's father, they live in hiding to protect themselves against the Shengdi and other threatening outsiders. Though having a traditional distrust of humans, they are willing to turn anyone into vampires after writing them a wish in a black envelope with a large 666 number written on it. Lilo Ai is the last natural descendant of this family.
Lilo IThe main protagonist of the series. Being the Last of Her Kind with the Bloodline trait, her wish was to live a normal on her birthday after 500 years. Eventually, such a dream was lost when the Shengdi came to pursue, along with her father who fought to protect her. Now she's searching for him while getting allies to help her and fight the Shengdi.
- Action Survivor: Lilo mostly sleeps in a coffin and usually wanders around while avoiding or fighting the Shengdi.
- Anti-Hero: After all, she is a vampire.
- Badass Adorable: Definitely as she progresses through the Manhua.
- Berserk Button: Killing any of her friends or trying to hurt one will just trigger similar memories and put her in an Unstoppable Rage.
- Break the Cutie: A big victim. Anything that brings flashbacks to what did this trope to her is a Berserk Button.
- Calling Your Attacks: Ability! Bloody Nightwish! [Name of attack].
- The Chick: Of "Bloodline".
- Cute Monster Girl
- Dark Is Not Evil
- Elegant Gothic Lolita
- Even Evil Has Standards: If you see Lilo as Villain Protagonist. She hardly drinks drinks blood from anyone except from Sellyew.
- Immune to Bullets: Took a ton bullets from Shengdi Mooks before wiping them out with ease. She even lampshades it during the battle.
- The Hero
- Last of Her Kind: Even says it right in the beginning.
- Magic Knight: Proficient in swords. Check. Magical User. Check.
- Really 700 Years Old: 502 years old.
- Storm of Blades: On chains!
- Theme Naming: All of Lilo's Bloody Nightwish abilities are based on the Major Arcana Tarot Cards. Currently known attacks are:
- Magician- Creates crown-like rings around the arms and legs to increase strength, working very well with the Chariot.
- Temperance- Creates a sphere of chains to contain targets.
- Chariot- A red BFS.
- Hanged Man- Uses chains to restrain enemies.
- Hermit- Opens a doorway to another location.
- World- Summons a large metal platform with a variety of chained weapons.
- The Virus: Everyone she bites becomes a vampire Cursed with Awesome.
- Took a Level in Badass: First became The Woobie in the prequels. But then, overtime was able to handle battles all by herself.
LastA veteran of the previous war against the Shengdi within the Arctic Circle. After the incident with Leng Sha when trying to grant his daughter's birthday wish, he disappeared. Though leaving her with a promise of returning, three years have passed and Lilo is still looking for him.
- Compelling Voice: Combined with Hypnotic Eye, once he says the words "In my eyes, you are nothing but a slave."
- Hypnotic Eye
- Magic Knight
- The Leader: Of "Bloodline".
- Really 700 Years Old: Currently the oldest known. More than 1000 years old.
Rax FrancescoA younger member with the Bloodline trait from Italy. Tries to understand mankind's depictions of horror stories/events and fit in with it. Also has good talent in art and is an expert in magic and illusions.
- Mad Artist: Is an expert in the arts as he is in magic.
- The Smart Guy: Of "Bloodline".
- Really 700 Years Old
SellyewLast's servant from Germany. Can't really use magic, but has no problem as Last can provide him the tools he needs.
Ye RenThe main character for the current series. A Level 2 middle school student who calls himself a vampire hunter. After an incident with Lilo, however, he quickly changes his opinions. Has an annoying ghost sister, which only he, vampires, and the Shengdi can see. Currently he's serving as a knight for Lilo.
- Badass Normal: Didn't have to mind getting in the way of Ling Can.
- Empowered Badass Normal: After becoming half-vampire.
- Berserk Button: Downplayed. He doesn't really flip out unless in a fight. See Dude Looks Like a Lady.
- Cursed with Awesome: Like all contractors empowered by Bloodline.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: Ye Lai and Ling Can both mistaken him as a girl. He's easily bugged by this.
- Heroic Bystander: Saving Ye Lai from being killed quickly.
- Idiot Hero: Lilo is pissed by some decisions he makes. Suverted a few times when it helps for the better.
- The Lancer
- Satan: Played with. As matter of fact, he's very in White and Grey Morality, even though he fights for darker forces. It still applies to his name and many of his attacks.
- His name itself translates to "Devil"
- Some of his attacks involve Statanic names such as "The Morning Star"
- What Measure Is a Non-Human?: He practically treats anyone like a normal being, whether ghosts, vampires, or whatever.
- The Worf Barrage: Ye Ren finally starts rocking when he gets his own abilities, a crossbow and a black hole cannon. However, this is only used most effectively against a security golem. Afterwards, his shots are either blocked, taken without a scratch, or interrupted.
Ye LaiYe Ren's older sister. Already deceased, she lives as a ghost
- Brother-Sister Incest: She confesses to the sleeping Ye Ren she loves him. Until she is killed by Hui Zhe.
- Cute Ghost Girl
- Dropped a Bridge on Him: Something that was way unexpected.
- Make Me Wanna Shout: She gets these power in the card game.
- Sacrificial Lion: Her death really influences Ye Ren to side with Lilo.
- Took a Level in Badass: In the card game, she is able to fight as a character card.
Chong YinOnce a Chinese high school student who lost his arm. He was great friends with a girl named Fei Hong until he started befriending Lilo. Though Lilo denies them as friends after revealing her identity to him, he still sides with her because her wanting to have friends. He was nearly killed as a result, but fortunately saved by Lilo and the other vampires. Became Lilo's caretaker until he and the other companions disappeared.
- Decoy Protagonist: The chronologically first books In-Universe revolve around him.
- Dropped a Bridge on Him: Subverted. Was nearly killed until Lilo's allies saved him.
- The Lancer: Of Lilo's companions.
- Nice Guy: He's very polite character, even though he takes a lot of heat.
- Secret Legacy: He's actually a vampire half-breed related to the Bloodline clan.
- The Sixth Ranger: Of "Bloodline".
- Useless Friend: Subverted. In the beginning, he can't do much for his lost arm. But then, he helps Last and his servants save Lilo from Leng Sha. Then more subverted as he becomes half-vampire and The Lancer of Lilo's companions.
Shuizhi ShiA wolf girl war veteran who is one of Lilo's allies. Has powerful magic abilities given by Last, including a Wave Motion Gun.Still missing as of now.
- The Tough Girl: Of Lilo's companions.
- Lightning Bruiser: Fast, strong, and tough. Just need someone as fast, as strong, or as tough to fight her.
- Sinister Scythe: Wields one in the game.
- Wave Motion Gun: One of her most powerful attacks.
- Wolf Girl
Shanyao LuxinA dwarf who lived in a shop with her father Guanghui Luxin until he was slaughtered by a Shengdi nun. She assists Lilo in helping her avenge their deaths.Still missing as of now.
- An Axe to Grind: Her Weapon of Choice. Carries one at least.
- Badass Normal: Can fight with anything available to her.
- The Chick: Of Lilo‘s companions. Despite her cleverness, she is very emotional to fighting.
Hui XingA mercenary wizard who is proficient in swordsmanship. Knows Last and has a strange hatred for him. Goes easy on Lilo, though sometimes both aggressive and perverted to the females of Lilo's group, especially Shi Zhi Shi.
The main antagonistic force. They chase after anyone and anything they considered evil and don't mind killing any human resistance. Excluding princes, their ranking and power is comparable to that of the normal Church hierarchy. Though they share common goals, several major members have different motives.
- Anti-Magical Faction: Partly. They go after magical threats, but use their own kind of magic.
- Authority Equals Asskicking: Played straight in the ranks. Higher ranking forces such as nuns and priests get more skill and firepower than the standard clergy.
- Church Militant: They act on their own, but are still a powerful force and go by the Bible, which they even quote in battle to justify their actions. They have their own weapons industry and several Cool Airships, acting as their bases of operations.
- Cool Airship: They have twelve of these, used as their mobile bases of operations. Though not all of them are suited for combat.
- Light Is Not Good: If both a Church Militant and the bad guys.
- The Hunter: More of the Hunters.
- Knight Templar: Seriously!
- Meaningful Name: In Chinese, Shengdi means "Holy Land".
- Tank Goodness: Some chapters show they have tanks.
Leng ShaChronologically the Starter Villain of the series, in the "Daybreak" prequel. Is very independent unlike most Shengdi members and part of a force made to hunt defected forces. Being a master of disguise and high-ranking nun, she is a Worthy Opponent to even Lilo's father. She also has relationships with "Bloodline".
- Badass: Is one of the only few who can conduct solo missions.
- Beware the Nice Ones: When she first introduces herself, she starts out kind to Sellyew. Lilo still despises her at first sight. She had the right idea.
- Drop the Hammer: Has a hammer for a main weapon. With a BFG!
- Evil Genius: Equipped with everyday objects that kill vampires, crosses, and mastered in using different identities.
- Fantastic Racism: She doesn't only hunt vampires, but anyone else she considers different.
- Killed Off for Real: Was about to be this in the first prequel.
- Not Quite Dead: Shows in the end of the second prequel that she is well alive.
- Meganekko: As Fei Hu.
- Meaningful Name: "Cold Sand" in Chinese.Leng Sha: I'm not fiery coal. Just cold grains of sand.
- Starter Villain: Chronologically speaking.
- Token Evil Teammate: Of "Bloodline".
Lady Of WarOne of the leaders of the Shengdi forces. Easily predictable to be the strongest of the Shengdi and currently one of the strongest members of the series. There have been two showings of her and the latter is believed to be a fake.
- Big Bad: And boy howdy. Unless you're a Shengdi where she's seen as Big Good.
- Dynamic Entry: Up to Eleven! From the very first chapter she came, she merely grabbed Lilo's chain ability and flicked her head across the city. Then, suddenly attacked her Shengdi forces that knocked Ling Can off their airship and got Ying Yen hospitalized.
- Lady of War: Literally.
- No Sell: Blew apart Lilo's most powerful attack with a flick of a finger.
Ling CanA blonde nun most known for having the number 3 in Roman numerals and normal letters. The first villain to come across in the current series and one of the toughest. Curses when something happens unexpectedly or not according to plan. Often accompanied by her subordinate, Posui Nangua. She's an expert in both high-tech weaponry and magic and doesn't mind getting dirty.
- Axe Crazy: When her allies are incompetent with her, she doesn't take it likely.
- A Mother To Her Men: Has a deep caring for her subordinates and tries to clear Smashing Pumpkins of his crimes.
- An Ice Person: One of her Nianren, Holy Ice. It could either freeze a being or form a strong broad shield.
- Cool Shades: In her entry.
- The Dragon: To the Lady Of War.
- Drop the Hammer: Like Leng Sha's (typically the standard issue weapon for powerful Shengdi nuns), uses the Wave Motion Gun to shoot herself back to her airship.
- Evil Counterpart: To either Lilo or Ye Ren.
- Hero Killer: Comes close a few times.
- Manipulative Bitch: She manipulates Hui Zhe into joining the Shengdi, who is unaware of his classmate's cooperation with Lilo.
- Meaningful Name: Her name is a pun to #03, which is the number she often wears.
- Power Copying: Her Nianren ability, Storage Glove. Once consumed Lilo's Bloody Nightwish ability, which became a Chekhov's Skill since then.
- You Are Number Six: Number of the Sequential Nuns.
- You Monster!: Calls Lilo this after she saves Ye Ren's life. Mostly because it turned him into a half-vampire.
Posui NanguaOne of Ling Can's subordinates. Was claimed a heretic by the Shengdi in the chronological prequels and forced to wear a Power Limiter. Has the ability to create swords (probably stronger than Lilo's) and put two together to make a bow. In a bow form, he can shoot arrow beams he can guide with his mind. After a large off-screen battle, he questions his ideals of justice that he stuck to since childhood and leaves the Shengdi. He is then retaken by Ling Can, where his powers were needed again, yet labeled as a heretic. The combat trainer for Hui Zhe until his recapture by the Lady of War.
- Blind Justice: First in his battle outfit, made to invoke this. He defies it in the end of the second prequel arc, knowing it makes the Shengdi Not So Different.
- The Brute: So powerful he needs a Power Limiter to be kept in check for punishment.
- Butt Monkey: Poor Nangua...he really gets abused by his own faction after the three year Time Skip.
- Clear My Name: Ling Can tries to prove he is not a heretic.
- Cool Shades: In his entry.
- Dual Wielding: Doesn't really do this, but he needs two swords to make his bow.
- Evil Counterpart: To Shui Zhi Shi.
- The Heretic: And pays Disproportionate Retribution for it.
- Meaningful Name: Means Smashing Pumpkins in Chinese. No, not in the band name.
- Not So Different: After the Battle Discretion Shot at the near end of the beginning, Posui Nangua questions how different the Shengdi are to the monsters they fight.
Ying YenOne of Ling Can's subordinates who is an electronics expert. Uses mostly spells that are related. And speaking of which, he often likes to play video games, but is still aware enough when we needs to fight.
- Cast from Hit Points: Turns out that using his defensive abilities can kill him if used too much. Blocking the Lady's super strong attack can't be good.
- Distracted By The Electronics: Averted. He's still able to block attacks even when he's got his eyes on a PSP or mp3 player.
- Dropped a Bridge on Him: Nearly got this during attack on the airship. Even got a Tear Jerker moment. Fortunately subverted.
- Not Quite Dead: He's currently in a coma in the ship's medical facilities.
- Evil Genius: Of the Five-Bad Band.
- Make Me Wanna Shout
- Meaningful Name: "Hawkeye" or "Eagle Eye" in Chinese.
- Near-Death Experience: In this, we see his past with Ling Can and Posui Nangua.
- No Sell: Creates shields that can block anything, even the Lady of War's super strength. And can use them to protect allies. Not for long however. See Cast from Hit Points
- Stone Wall: Uses mostly defense spells and doesn't even move. Mostly since he doesn't have to.
- Too Powerful to Live: Subverted. His ability to create shields that No Sell takes a toll on his health, which nearly Dropped a Bridge on Him.
Hui ZheYe Ren's classmate. Part of a gang of bullies, but does show care for Ye Ren. Actually his main reason for joining the Shengdi, hoping to rescue him from Lilo. Is also the one to kill Ye Lai. He's good at fighting in some degree, but likes to improve. Has a crush on Ling Er.
- Badass: Took down a gang of thugs by himself twice.
- Big Brother Instinct: Has this to Ye Ren, adding to the latter's discontent.
- The Brute: see Dual Wielding
- Cool Shades: Wears these often. More cool later when wears one that can see ghosts.
- Dual Wielding: His weapon of choice is two small swords. Still needs work though.
- The Fool
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Outside of the bully group, he does show some care for Ye Ren.
- I Owe You My Life: Believing Ye Ren saved him from one of the Shengdi attacks, he takes care of the bullies in return.
- The Rival: Starting to become this to Ye Ren.
- Villain Ball: Killing Ye Lai In the Back would sure make your classmate accept your rescue now.
- Weak, but Skilled: Can't use magic, but is still a good fighter. Working on the latter.