Awesome Music: Thunder Force
Thunder Force II
Thunder Force III/AC/Spirits
Thunder Force IV
The short version is the entire soundtrack qualifies, but highlights are:
- "Lightning Strikes Again", the intro. A kickass way to start the game.
- "Tan Tan Ta Ta Ta Tan", the config screen music. This is actually something of a trademark theme for the series, first appearing in Thunder Force II (as the config music and in a slower variant for the loading screen in the X68k version. As opposed to the brief few seconds you hear it in the Genesis/MD version.) Then later being in TFV and VI.
- "Don't Go Off", the stage select theme.
- "Fighting Back", Stage 1A, and its Best of Thunder Force version.
- "Evil Destroyer", Stage 1 boss. Arranged on the OST album as ''"Remained Revolution", which combines it with "Lightning Strikes Again" for maximum rocking.
- "Space Walk", Stage 2A.
- "Attack Sharply", Stage 2 boss.
- "The Sky Line", Stage 3A.
- "Simmer Down", Stage 3 boss.
- "Sand Hell", Stage 4A.
- "Strike Out", Stage 4 boss.
- The appropriately named "Battle Ship" for Stage 5, as well as its Best of Thunder Force version.
- "Stranger", Stage 5 boss
- "Neo Weapon", the Mid-Season Upgrade theme.
- "Great Sea Power", Stage 6.
- "Sea of Flames", Stage 7.
- "Metal Squad", Stage 8. A huge fan favorite and arguably the most popular track in the series. If someone names their favorite song in the game, it's probably going to be this one.
- "Down Right Attack", Stage 9.
- "War Like Requiem", the final boss theme. Which takes the epic final battle theme motif established in TFIII, and multiplies it by a factor of kickass.
- The ending themes: "Shooting Stars" for Easy, "Silvery Light of the Moon" for Normal, "Light of Silence" for Hard, and "Love Dream" for Maniac.
- "Stand Up Against Myself", the staff roll theme. Yet another fan favorite. And the fuller arrangement from the OST.
After you beat the game, you unlock several Omake tracks to listen to in the config menu:
Thunder Force V
Thunder Force VI
- "Beginning of War", the opening.
- "Attack Point", the stage select theme.
- "Legendary Wings", Stage 1. Another popular track that features a clever callback to "Back to the Fire" from TFIII.
- "Beast Jungle", Stage 2.
- "Rising Blue Lightning", Stage 3.
- "Cyber Cave", Stage 4.
- "Steel of Destiny"'', Stage 5.
- "Guardian's Knight", the Stage 4 boss theme. An appropriate tune for the High Speed Battle between you and the giant mecha defending the Tower of Babel.
- "Duel of Top", the Stage 5 boss theme. Basically, a more sinister remix of "Lightning Strikes Again" from TFIV. Very fitting considering what the boss is.
- "The Justice Ray Part 2", continuing the tradition of epic last boss themes.
- "Record of Flight", one of the high score themes that remixes "Hunger Made Them Desperate" from TFIII.
The music is a bit of a departure from the usual Thunder Force
fare, but still has some good tunes and rocking tracks:
- "Course Select Music", which seems to call back to "Don't Go Off" from TFIV.
- "Ruined Green" 1-A and 1-B for Stage 1.
- "Gargoyle Perfect", Stage 1 boss.
- "Flame Maiden", Stage 2 boss.
- "Ever Blue" 1-A and 1-B for Stage 3.
- "Cherub Purple", Stage 3 boss.
- "B3", Stage 4 boss.
- "Cerberus 2", for Stage 5-A.
- "Full Speed", for Stage 5-B.
- "KIN3-COOL", the "A" alternate for ORN-Faust encounters. A remix of "Cool's Theme" from Segagaga.
- "KIN3-CERB", the "B" alternate for ORN-Faust encounters. A remix of "His Behavior Inspired Us With Distrust" from TFIII.
- The Stage 5 boss features "Orn Styx", "Orn Rynex" and "Orn Gauntlet" which are remixed versions of title themes from the three previous games ("The Wind Blew All Day Long" for Styx, "Lightning Strikes Again" for Rynex, and "Beginning of War" for Gauntlet), as you fight super-sized versions of the highlighted ships for those games.
- "Orn Emperor", the last boss theme. Part 1 and Part 2.
The end product of this turned out unfortunate, but it features some music that was originally meant to be used in TFVI
before its Development Hell
period. It is awesome: