- Gendo saying to Yui "Get away from my son", and rejecting the chance to get reunited with her for the sake of Shinji and Rei.
- Shinji rushing to rescue Ariel in chapter 7. Asuka was very, very grateful if you know what I mean.
- Rei saving Kensuke from a polar bear.
- Asuka had sworn she would not pilot an Eva again. However, when in chapter 14 Unit-00 goes berserker and Naoko tries to murder Rei, Asuka gets in her Humongous Mecha again and completely trashes and terminates Unit-00. Her inner dialogue did that scene still more awesome, considering how much she had disliked Rei when they were fourteen.
- In episode 16, Asuka gets attacked by Arael again... but this time she is managing to endure the ordeal thank to Shinji and her daughter... And then Unit-02 shows up to protect her.
- When Asuka comes back to Tokyo-3, she moves into the apartment next door to Shinji's. While unpacking, Rei comes by to 'set things straight' with her, though it's mostly to pick a fight (It makes sense in context). Eventually it devolves into a cat fight, which is halted suddenly by Misato taseing them both, which naturally is complete with the Bond One-Liner...
"Crap like this is why I don't let pilots live with me anymore?"
- And then of course there's the part where we learn that Third Impact was averted not by Shinji, but Gendo. Ikari. "Get away from MY SON!" has often been a standard cry for a CMOA, but considering who says it, and who he says it to, makes it even more so.
- Chapter 2 of the rewrite. After getting slugged and maced by Asuka (the mace was a knee-jerk reaction by Asuka after he startled her in an empty classroom) Shinji gets his revenge by introducing himself as a famous EVA pilot during the middle of her class lecture. Asuka had made it clear to her students that her past was "off-limits", so, when the class realizes that he knows things and is willing to answer questions well... lets just say Asuka loses her audience.
- Chapter 3. After making several attempts at civil conversation, Shinji finally gets tired of Asuka's hostility and makes it abundantly clear that he's not the same timid kid.
Asuka:Stop pretending you give a crap, Third.
Shinji:"And stop acting so high and mighty, Second; Or I should remind you I had to talk down Misato from dragging you back from Germany and throwing you in a stockade."
Awesome / Walking in the Shadow of Dreams
Awesome moments in Walking In The Shadow Of Dreams