Awesome: To Kill a Mockingbird
- Also, afterwards, "Stand up, Miss Jean Louise. Your father's passing."
- Really, anytime Atticus talks some sense into his kids, his sister, or the town is a Moment of Awesome.
- Miss Maudie: "His food doesn't stick going down, does it?"
- Boo Radley giving Bob a taste of his own knife.
- Atticus shooting the rabid dog. At least, it's a Moment of Awesome for his kids, who had no idea how good of a shot he is.
Sheriff Tate: Didn't you know your daddy's the best shot in this county?Atticus: Hush, Heck.
- There's a murderous mob outside the jail ready to kill Tom Robinson, and Atticus tells them to keep their voices down because he's sleeping. They do; the entire confrontation is held in whispers.
- Similarly, Scout Shaming the Mob and saving Tom's life without even realizing what she's doing.
- And the fact that the entire time, there was a sniper ready to defend Atticus and Tom at a moments' notice. In addition, that was the newspaper man, who everyone's sure is a racist, and if he was, then he respected Atticus enough to defend Tom, and allows Atticus to go home for the night while he stands guard.
- Mrs Dubose; see I Die Free for the full quote and explanation.
- Sheriff Heck Tate proves that he's a Reasonable Authority Figure, and a smart man, when he deduces who really murdered Bob Ewell. And states that he will cover it up, as undue press would hurt a man, and that the killing was justified (In self defense), and Karmic, as Tom died because of Mr. Ewell
- Scout gets another one at the end. Sheriff Tate tells Atticus they need to cover up Boo Radley killing Bob Ewell in defense of Scout and Jem because Boo would be lauded as a hero — and the undue attention he would get would destroy his life. Scout quietly but forcefully agrees with the Sheriff, telling Atticus she thinks it would be like "killing a mockingbird." The little girl's growing up.
- Atticus getting honored as the American Film Institute's #1 hero in film history. In comparison, the runner-ups were Indiana Jones and James Bond.