Awesome: The Hollywood Squares
- For die-hard game show fans, the two Game Show weeks in 2002 and 2003, where veteran game show personalities such as Bob Eubanks, Charles Nelson Reilly and Brett Somers, and Wink Martindale were on the panel. Former Wheel of Fortune letter-turner Susan Stafford modeled the prizes, and Rod Roddy announced on the first week.
Peter: Object for the players is to get three stars in a row, either across, up-and-down or diagonally; it is up to them to figure out if a star is giving a correct answer or making one up; that's how they get the squares. A game is worth a tho — A THOUSAND DOLLARS?! [stunned] Whoa! Times have changed...!
- And, of course, Peter Marshall was the center square, and traded places with host Tom Bergeron on the first week's second-to-last episode.
- Certain contestants fall under this category as well:
- Tarek Tolba, who not only won three cars during his five-show run (for a total of $154,521), but never lost a game.
- Jenny Thomas, who became the biggest winner in the history of the franchise. She won a "Close but No Cigar" week (highest scores amongst non five day champs competed for a slot in that year's Tournament of Champions), went on to win the Tournament and $50,000, ending up with a grand total of $196,175.