* To many, including some of his Conservative detractors, Maher's continuous criticism of the [[ConspiracyTheorist 9/11 Truth Movement]]. During a taping of ''Real Time'' in October 2007, he was heckled by a group of Truthers who continuously interrupted his show by yelling out their theories. After only a few minutes, Maher ''got off stage and confronted the hecklers himself'' and then ordered them out of his studio.
* November 7, 2008: After UsefulNotes/BarackObama's win in the 2008 presidential election, Bill uses the New Rule "Harass Backwards" [[TheReasonYouSuckSpeech to chastise the Republicans following their defeat]], and what they should do for Obama's presidency.
-->'''Bill:''' You know, when Obama starts a pre-emptive war, and then fucks it up, and makes torture our official policy and outs a CIA agent, and purges U.S. Attorneys, and tries to put his cleaning lady on the Supreme Court--and doesn't act on global warming, and appoints as the head of FEMA an ex-dildo salesman who was his college roommate--you know, that kind of stuff, believe me, I'll be with you. But, until then, I don't want to see Republicans freaking out if Obama isn't singing the National Anthem loud enough, or they find out he gets his suits made in France. If he puts a moon roof in the presidential limo, [[GodwinsLaw he's not making himself Führer]]; he's just trying to get the smell of stupidity out of the seats.
* March 11, 2011: Bill uses the New Rule "Wage Against the Machine" to criticize shows like ''Secret Millionaire'' and ''Series/UndercoverBoss'', which seem to glorify the massive wealth gap between upper class Americans and everyone else.
-->'''Bill:''' We have this fantasy that our interests and the interests of the super rich are the same, like somehow the rich will eventually get so full that they'll explode, and the candy will rain down on the rest of us, like they're some sort of pinata of benevolence. But here's the thing about a pinata, it doesn't open on its own, you have to beat it with a stick.
* April 8, 2011: In the New Rule "Charlie Don't Serf", Bill urges Americans to stand up to the corporations who have been abusing the American socioeconomic system. Bear in mind that this was less than 6 months before the first Occupy Wall Street rally.
* June 7, 2013: [[http://youtu.be/089oKOa3vFw Bill's brilliant takedown of Donald Trump]] for his birther attack against President Obama in the last weeks of the 2012 presidential election.
* February 28th, 2014: [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgdLNySIB-w Bill positively and deservedly eviscerates the super rich who are claiming they're victims]] ([[GodwinsLaw one of whom goes so far as to horridly compare the 1% to the Jews being persecuted by the Nazis]]). Bill goes on to suggest that someone in Congress should bring up the idea of a ''maximum'' wage to force income equality, as many presidents did suggest in their respective terms.
-->'''Bill:''' What can you buy with ''two'' billion dollars that you can't buy with ''one?'' You couldn't spend that kinda cash if you lived forever and your money manager was MC Hammer. And, y'know, there are ''some'' billionaires who get that, and that's why they give most of ''their'' money away. ''(shows pictures of [[HonestCorporateExecutive Bill Gates]] and [[UnclePennybags Warren Buffett]])'' As [[DeadpanSnarker Warren Buffett]] once said, 'I should write a book on how to get by on $500 million, because apparently, there's a lot of people who don't know how to do it.'
* June 6, 2014: [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTpCUAK4ypA In "Here Comes Gunny Boo-Boo"]], Bill takes on advocates of "Open Carry", who effectively terrorize their neighbors by taking their guns wherever they go, criticizing American gun culture.
* November 14, 2014: Because the 2014 midterms had the lowest voter turnout since 1942, Bill takes down [[StupidNeutral the apathetic non-voters who sat the election out]], offering a mostly-humorous idea of what would have happened if the 2008 and 2012 elections had similar turnouts, meaning Obama would have lost to John [=McCain=] or Mitt Romney ([[CompositeCharacter whom Bill combines into candidate "Mitt McCain"]]).
-->'''Bill:''' But keep telling yourself that because politics is dirty, so very dirty, that you, precious, by not voting or informing yourself or participating in any way, are clean. Yeah, thatís it. Youíve kept yourself pure, because you havenít gotten your hands sullied by the gutter that is American politics. Well, you can keep telling yourself that. But, the truth is, if your hands arenít dirty, itís not because youíre pure. Itís because ''youíre not helping''.
* November 11, 2016: In the wake of Donald Trump becoming the next president, Bill [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1s-TqzhwEk makes a call to action]] to everyone who's afraid or nervous:
-->'''Bill:''' You can unfriend someone whose politics you don't like. You can't unfriend 47% of the rest of America. Roommates can move out. Patriots can't. America needs you, more than ever. Right here, with me, and the [[LaResistance rest of the resistance]], until we can ''really'' figure out how to make America great again. And don't ever let them forget: ''(dons a [[ItMakesSenseInContext "We're Still Here" hat]] and looks directly into the camera)'' [[BringIt We're still here.]]