!The Lightning Thief:
* Pretty much everything Percy, Annabeth and Grover do in this book. A couple of 12-year old kids and a satyr travelling across country. With no adult supervision, fighting monsters, fighting ''a god'' (in Percy's case at least) and standing up to two more. What were you doing when you were 12?
* Percy killing the Minotaur by ripping out its horn and shoving it into its ribcage.
** And that isn't even strictly speaking his first kill. He recalls a memory/story from his babyhood when he was still in the hospital and his mom came to the baby ward and screamed because there was a snake in his crib... a snake he already killed.
* When Percy sends the Olympians Medusa's head, knowing they'd be ticked off. DidYouJustFlipOffCthulhu indeed.
* Percy's battle with [[spoiler: Ares]] in ''The Lightning Thief''? [[spoiler: Percy defeating Ares, ''god of war'', in a swordfight.]] Can you imagine the strength, skill and savagery it must take to do that? And Ares wasn't even in the movie.
** Technically speaking he never DEFEATED Ares, all he really did was stabbed his heel. Ares was going to finished him off, but Kronos scared him off. However considering that a 12-year-old kid with only a less than a month of training was able to hold off a god is in itself badass.
* The children of Hephaestus are skilled with technology and make fireworks the size of ''Patriot missiles''. Which make for massive, animated re-enactments of the Battle of Thermopylae, Hercules slaying the Nemean Lion, and George Washington crossing the Delaware. And they launch them all off on the 4th of July.
!The Sea of Monsters:
* [[spoiler: Tyson]] and Percy [[spoiler: taking out those cannibals]] in the beginning of the book.
* Really, [[spoiler: Tyson]] in general is a powerhouse in the team being the resident BigGuy of the story for a lot of the early parts, easily taking down bigger opponents with little effort thanks to his brute strength. [[spoiler: Even though he's like 7-8 in age thanks to to him being a Cyclops.]]
* Annabeth stabbing her knife through a Laistrygonian giant's back, reveals herself with a gust of awesomeness and then punches Sloan in the nose.
* I'm sure ''HALF'' those things [[spoiler: Tyson]] said to Polyphemus in the last couple of chapters in ''The Sea Of Monsters'' qualifies as well.
** There's a bit in that book, passed over in a single line, where Percy ''cuts arrows out of the air''.
* Clarisse pulling a BigDamnHeroes moment when Percy, Annabeth and Tyson having to deal with [[spoiler: The Hydra of the Monster Donut]].
!The Titan's Curse:
* ''"Mortals," she said calmly, "Are not allowed to witness my hunt."'' Artemis, casually making a military helicopter explode into a flock of ravens.
* The Hunters' grand entrance was pretty cool on its own, whatever Thalia's opinion of them at the time.
* Learning that Percy makes a habit of rescuing injured, trapped or otherwise distressed sea creatures in his spare time adds a level to his heroism.
* Zoe Nightshade steals the camp van and drives south "like a crazy person" rather than risk another life unnecessarily. (Also probably to avoid any further delays while choosing the fifth member of the quest group, which is a different kind of awesome/[[CrowningMomentOfHeartwarming heartwarming]].)
* "You're not going to hurt Zoe. I won't let you."
** Keeping in mind that Zoe has not really been all that nice to him at all, Percy's willingness to stand up to the ''Titan General'' to protect her more than qualify. [[spoiler: Especially as he comes close to being killed doing it.]]
* [[spoiler: Percy voluntarily stepping in to hold up the sky in Artemis's place]].
** [[spoiler: Annabeth held it for far longer than Percy before Artemis showed up. That makes Annabeth beyond awesome]].
* [[spoiler:Artemis whipping out two absurdly long knives (and keep in mind that she has the body of a twelve-year-old) and ripping Atlas a new one long enough to trick him into taking the weight of the sky back]].
* Speaking of Zoe, taking a quest perfectly aware of the fact that you're going to die horribly (she ''knows'' how much her father hates her, and she must have known that if she was going to die by his hand, it wouldn't be pleasant) because [[TrueCompanions your goddess needs you]] is pretty awesome/[[CrowningMomentOfHeartwarming heartwarming]] on its own.
* Four words for you: [[MadScientist Frederick]] [[PapaWolf Chase]], Sopwith Camel. That is all.
* Apollo blatantly flaunts the "no direct intervention" thing. Screw that--Artemis is in trouble, and damned if he's not going to help her.
** "''No one'' messes with my baby sister."
* Percy giving up the Nemean Lion's fur. More specifically, the way he looks at Zoe and says clearly, "I'm not Hercules." His newfound appreciation for what true heroism means is a turning point for his character. Plus, he was giving up a freaking ''bulletproof vest'' with probably a bunch of other really cool features, just because he thought it was the right thing to do. That's epic heroism or nothing is.
* Bianca sacrificing herself. She's only a kid, she's barely been in this world three days. That took an insane amount of courage.
* Percy convincing the gods [[spoiler: not to kill the Ophiotaurus.]]
* Zoe fighting Ladon single-handedly, and then being immortalized in the stars.
* Nico opening a rift in the earth.
* [[spoiler: Dionysus casually appearing on the Chrysler Building when Percy and Blackjack were following after the others and tangling them in vines. It just shows that despite him being a big time complainer, he's STILL a God and he can likely just kill those two with a thought if he really wanted.]]
! Battle of the Labyrinth
* Zoe Nightshade is pretty awesome, but then we learn that the nymphs in general still harbor a powerful grudge over Hercules rerouting a river to wash away centuries of horse...droppings. And then we remember Zoe's throwaway line from TC about water nymphs: "They've never forgiven me." ''Zoe had been helping Hercules all along.'' All those labors where he actually had to think, and not just pummel things? ''That was her'', and [[UngratefulBastard he never even thanked her]].
** Actually Picking up the Golden Apples was Hercules' Eleventh Labor while the stables were the 5th.
* [[spoiler: Nico's final confrontation with Minos in Daedalus's workshop?]]
-->'''King Minos:''' You have no power over me. I am the lord of spirits! The ghost king!
-->'''Nico di Angelo:''' No. (Nico draws his sword.) ''I'' am.
* There's Rachel [[DidYouJustFlipOffCthulhu nailing Kronos in the eye with her hairbrush in ''Battle of the Labyrinth'']], and later her [[spoiler: assumption of the Oracle of Delphi, even though it drove the last mortal host mad]].
** The fact that it PHASED him is enough to be impressed. And it even got [[spoiler: Luke]] out for a moment to feel the pain of something smacking him in the face.
* [[spoiler: Briares turning one hundred feet tall and killing Kampe by hurling boulders at her. Made even more awesome by the fact that he had been living in fear of her for most of his life.]]
* if it wasn't for the fact that it nearly got them all killed, [[spoiler: Annabeth calling out the Sphinx for her idoitic "Riddles" comes to mind.]]
* Despite it being a TearJerker, [[spoiler: Grover becoming the new God of Nature proved to be a pretty useful thing when he goat bleats an entire army away.]]
!The Last Olympian:
* [[spoiler: Beckendorf sacrificing himself to destroy the ''Princess Andromeda''.]]
* How has [[spoiler: Percy ''single-handedly'' defeating Hades's army of Roman soldiers and redcoats, not to mention getting close enough to ''threaten Hades himself,'' after '' bathing in the River Styx and achieving invulnerability'']] not gotten on here yet? Coming close was the moment in the battle for Olympus where [[spoiler: Percy (again, ''single-handedly'') turned the tide against a battle between the Apollo cabin and an army of monsters by cutting through most of the army himself.]]
* Percy facing the Minotaur in a DuelToTheDeath. [[spoiler: And [[CurbStompBattle takes it out without breaking a sweat]]]]. He then charges the two-hundred plus army of monsters, all by himself. [[spoiler: He kills all but twenty, who flee in terror, also without breaking a sweat]].
* Percy then taking on Kronos, the Titan Lord himself. [[spoiler: And not only survives, which is a CMOA in itself, but makes ''Kronos'' break a sweat.]]
* Special mention should also go to Percy taking on another Titan, [[LightIsNotGood Hyperion]] by ''himself'' and pretty much stalemating with him for the whole fight. Keep in mind Hyperion is specifically mentioned as being second only to Atlas and Kronos in terms of power among the Titans.
* Grover and the Satyrs also gets a moment here for [[spoiler: beating Hyperion by more-or-less sealing him in a ''tree'']].
** Note that Hyperion is the Titan of the ''Sun.''
* The Party Ponies [[spoiler: beating back armies of monsters with NERF baseball bats, arrows and paintball guns laced with celestial bronze]]. Whilst screaming insults at each other over who has the better chapter.
* Annabeth landing the Dare Enterprises helicopter. Without actually knowing how to pilot it.
* [[spoiler: Silena convincing the Ares campers that she was Clarisse.]]
* Clarisse's RoaringRampageOfRevenge after [[spoiler:Silena dies, which consists of killing a freakin' drakon, and then holding back the entire army while dragging its skin behind her.]]
--> '''Clarisse''':I AM CLARISSE, [[spoiler:DRAKON-SLAYER]]! I WILL KILL YOU ALL!!
* Hades' BigDamnHero moment in The Last Olympian. It was about damn time one of Kronos' children got their own CallingTheOldManOut scene.
* What, nothing for Nico? [[spoiler: He was one badass twelve year old when he showed up with his skeletal army, made the army of Kronos part for him, and pretty much saved the day.]]
* Percy's stepdad, who can't even see through the Mist (the stuff that makes monsters and so on InvisibleToNormals) grabs a sword and duels one of the monsters, and his mother blows one away with a shotgun... but what makes this truly awesome is that when Percy asks when she learned to fire a shotgun, she calmly responds, "About two seconds ago."
* [[spoiler: Luke holding off Kronos the [[BigBad king of all evil]] [[GrandTheftMe possessing his body,]] and [[HeroicSacrifice killing himself]].]]
* Poseidon and TheCavalry [[spoiler: [[DidYouJustPunchOutCthulhu helping the Olympians defeat Typhon and send him to Tartarus.]]]]
* It's a very brief moment, but after Percy knocks [[spoiler:Luke]]'s sword into the hearth fire, [[spoiler:Kronos]] goes to fetch it, only to be horribly burned by it having become red-hot in the coals--and then an image of Hestia flickers in the fire, frowning at him in disapproval. Yes, she stood up to, wounded, and [[DidYouJustFlipOffCthulhu contemptuously dismissed]] [[spoiler:the wicked father of the gods]] himself. So much for being "the least of the gods", eh?
* Percy and Nico, for convincing their immortal god dads to set aside their personal agendas and pull their BigDamnHeroes moments against Typhon and the Titans.
* Percy exacting an oath from the gods [[spoiler:to never let any half-blood children go unclaimed again, and allowing all the gods (and their children) to have seats on Olympus and cabins at the camp]].