Awesome: Old Man's War
- The series's defining moment of triumph, the ending of 'The Last Colony'. John Perry finally gets his revenge on the Colonial Union, fatally destabilising it and freeing humanity from its grasp with a well-placed trading convoy.
- The five Consu duels to confirm the help they gave the Rraey. Ending with Jane the Combat Pragmatist taking advantage of the Screaming Warrior nature of the Consu she's fighting - while he's bellowing a war cry, she throws her knife through the roof of his mouth and into his primary braincase.
- Jared Dirac weaponizing Smartblood.
- Plus his Dying Moment of Awesome with the Trojan Horse.
- Near the end of The Ghost Brigades, Harvey is left behind on an alien planet crawling with hostile Obin, with rescue days away. Jane asks him to retrieve some data from a nearby installation if he can. The next chapter, she gets it.
- An earlier moment in The Last Colony, in which General Gau is (unknowingly) about to be utterly outmaneuvered by the CDF. John Perry jeopardizes the success of the maneuver (which relies on total surprise) by offering Gau a chance to surrender - out of compassion for the unsuspecting crews of Gau's space armada.
- Throughout The Human Division, Equilibrium has been pirating ships, murdering their crews, and forcing the disembodied brains of their pilots to carry out suicide attacks. In the first episode of The End Of All Things, one escapes. It's amazing.
“You should be dead!” Aul yelled at the monitor. “You should be dead, your ship should be dead, you should all be dead! You magnificent shit-eater!”
- And in the next episode, Daquin performs a series of extremely difficult maneuvers to match velocities a tumbling, damaged ship — and then gets out unscathed when it blows up.
- Offering all the other captive brain-ships freedom in the finale counts too, but that's a different trope.
This page has not been indexed. Please choose a satisfying and delicious index page to put it on.