- Regardless of their opinion of the film, nearly all agree the transformation scene is a film classic.
- When Isabeau throws down her hawk's jesses in front of the Bishop at the end, a cold and silent rebuke, as if to say "You have no power over me".
- When Navarre first appears and rescues "the Mouse".
- Navarre approaches the church near the end, telling his former troops to stand aside. When one tries to stop him, he just smacks the fool on the head, causing said soldier and the rest to let him pass.
- Navarre's final confrontation with Marquet. One of the most underrated climactic swordfights in a movie.
- Navarre kills the Bishop by nailing him to the altar with his sword. By throwing it.