* Three words: [[FlawlessVictory PERFECT FULL COMBO!]] Especially on Expert and Challenge charts.
* Probably any time a "boss" song is first passed on its highest available difficulty. Special mention goes to Drop Out (the first 9), the entire MAX series (extra stage, no re-charging life bar), Pluto Relinquish (sudden death mode), and Valkyrie Dimension. (also Sudden Death mode).
* The two marathon world record attempts of note under Guiness World Records rules (must start at beginner, progressing up through the difficulties at various intervals, up to 15 minute break per hour, must pass every song, no bar, no more than 30 seconds between songs):
** [[http://www.poe-news.com/stories.php?poeurlid=29612 In 2003 on DDR Extreme]], racking up 17 hours, until allegedly messing up on [[ThatOneBoss MAX 300]] of all songs.
** Then in 2011, Travis Houk went UpToEleven going not only past both the official 14 hour record and the infamous 17 hour record, but going for ''forty hours'' (the official time was 40:02:12 exactly) on DDR X2. Ceremoniously, he saved MAX 300 for the last song, which he did indeed clear. Then, almost intentionally, he went straight to [[HarderThanHard Valkyrie Dimension on Challenge.]] Which he promptly failed.
* How does Mario (or Luigi) defeat Waluigi, Wario, and Bowser and recover the Music Keys? By facing against them in a dance off! Bowser break dancing is both hilarious and awesome at the same time.
* The [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACk83az8GRw Background Video]] of LOVE IS THE POWER Re:born, showing exactly what the DDR Community has accomplished in DDR X3 vs 2nd Mix.
** Said song, in [[FinalBoss Encore Extra Stage]] form, ''requires'' you to pull an Awesome Moment or else you get failed out. Specifically, you need to get a Perfect Full Combo.
* Meta: After years of [[BadExportForYou nerfed]] arcade releases for the West (such as ''[=SuperNOVA=]'' without [=eAMUSEMENT=] service and the notorious NoBudget ''X'' cabs), Konami seems to finally be getting localized arcade ''DDR'' right with ''A'': The cabinets are identical in design and quality to Asian-region cabinets, most songs from the Japanese version are intact, and proper [=eAMUSEMENT=] service is enabled and running. And not only is it available in [=Round1=] USA locations, competing amusement center chain Dave & Buster's carries it as well!
** To make it even better, having official [=eAMUSEMENT=] service made the US eligible to enter the Konami Arcade Championship, the yearly world championship for DDR and other Bemani games. The first year the US was eligible, an American player won the wildcard entry (given to the player with the highest score who would otherwise not qualify), and American player [=iamchris4life=] (yes, the same person who got 100% on "[[VideoGame/GuitarHero Through the Fire and Flames]]") proceeded to bring home the world title, with fellow countryman FUNGAH coming in third. Not bad for a country that's been shafted for so long!
* After finally clearing all stages of Rinon's Adventure, reaching the Extra Stage with a full heat gauge allows you to try [[FinalBoss Endymion]]. When you select it, [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1T6s-DJe7I8 this cutscene plays]]. [[spoiler:Rinon reaches her full power, level A Galactic Strike, and completely obliterates the metal planetoid below!]]