Awesome: Cthulhu Mythos
open/close all folders
H.P. Lovecraft's writing
- Johansen hitting Great Cthulhu's head using the ship. It doesn't kill Cthulhu, but still awesomely badass, and eats up enough time for Cthulhu to be forced back into his slumber.
- Professor Armitage in The Dunwich Horror inspired generations of Co C fans by being the first one to save the world for a time by defeating Yog-Sothoth's sons.
- Marinus Bicknell Willett does something almost as impressive by killing Joseph Curwen through the practice of modern magic.
- Randolph Carter's final leap into the void in The Dream-Quest of Unknown Kadath.
Brian Lumley's writing
- The Elder Gods beat the Great Old Ones for a second (perhaps millioneth) time by brain-wiping them.
Chaosium's Call of Cthulhu
- More or less the point of the game. Virtually every module has the players up against the Old Ones with a "win" condition for delaying the end of the world for a little while longer.
- Old Man Henderson killed Hastur. No, seriously.
This page has not been indexed. Please choose a satisfying and delicious index page to put it on.