For a show supposedly taking a gritty realistic approach to crime solving, there sure is a lot of Awesome in Cracker.
- He may be an overweight alcoholic womanising gambling addict, but Fitz got in an early CMOA in the first episode when he interrogated a suspect in front of a moving train
Suspect: [screaming in sheer terror]: There's train coming
Fitz: Sorry, can't hear you, there's a train coming.
- DCI Bilborough; when he leads a raid on a far right skin-head club (full of nazi saluting chanting skin-heads), he discovers a picture of the then Manchester United Squad and shows it to the lead skin-head
Bilborough: Ince is black! Dublin is black! Parker is black! Schmeichel's a Dane. Kanchelskis is a bloody Ukrainian and Cantona's French! You stupid soft sod.
- But this is nothing compared to later in the episode when he is fatally stabbed, and yet still manages to call in for help and give a precise and detailed description of the killer.
- Even DS Beck, the homophobic rapist, gets one at the end of 'Brotherly Love' where he gets a confession from the killer...by handcuffing himself to the killer and leaping off a ten storey block of flats with him.
- Fitz interviewing Albie with aggression and contempt is a high point of the whole series, and overall To Be A Somebody is something of a Wham Episode.