- The scene near the end when Brian decides to battle the blaze on his own to rescue the firefighters he needed to rescue a dying Stephen. Just the way he battles the fire is awesome personified because it's shot in a away that he is fighting a demonic force of hell and it's losing. Stephen whom throughout the entire movie refused to take Brian seriously watches in awe as the fighters make it to him. What he said also becomes a crowning moment of heartwarming.
Stephen: Look at him, that's my brother goddammit.
- Stephen punching a Jerkass who was called Brian a dumbass for saving mannequin.
- The scene where Stephen saves the child in the burning building. Hell, any scene where they battle a fire counts.
- The sequence where Stephen and Adcox are hanging from the walkway. The fact that Stephen manages to hold on for as long as he does and his refusal to let Adcox fall to his death (even though Stephen knows he can't save him) is remarkable. The way it's shot just adds to the effect.
- The main cast, who did so much of their own stunt work that they were listed among the stunt team for the movie.
- According to Billy Baldwin, sometimes when a firetruck passes him by the firefighters honk and signal to him and sometimes even thank him for the movie and how firefighters were depicted. Apparently the same thing happens to Kurt Russell and Ron Howard.