* A group of human dissidents rescue several young religious girls from the Carpathian Von Klatka, (one of the oldest and most powerful vampires in Britain), who intends to take them back to his barracks to share them in an 'orgy'. With a flair for the dramatic, they [[NoKillLikeOverKill slice open his chest, then plant lit dynamite within before his wound heals over]]. Prime Minister Ruthven's dark humor about it later in a meeting is the icing on the cake.
--> "As our American cousin's might have it, that's the Carpathian Guard all over," Ruthven remarked.
* Captain Kostaki is imprisoned in the Tower of London, overseen by Nosferatu himself Graf Orlok, who inspires horror and revulsion in even his fellow vampires. The Captain's response?
--> "I spent six decades in the [[Literature/TheCountOfMonteCristo Chateau d'If]]. These are by comparison quite comfortable quarters."
* Beauregard presenting his gift to the Royal Couple at the climax of ''Anno Dracula'': [[spoiler: Jack Seward's silver knife, which Queen Victoria uses to end her life and her horrific captivity.]]
-->"It is a gift. But not for you. For my Queen."
!!''The Bloody Red Baron''
* The vampire [[spoiler: Ball]], already horrifically mutilated and burnt to the extent his flying uniform is fused to his flesh, is captured by vampires and tied in a crucifix position. Using his new crooked stance to maneuver himself, he gnaws off his own hand, then stakes one of his awoken captors with his own arm bone.
* The first time the mutant vampire man-bats of Jagdgeschwader 1 fight Allied Condor Squad, its a total rout and the Allies are crushed. However, they remain brave to the end, and Biggles gets thrown from his plane after shooting a man-bat in the face with his flaregun. The text even mentions how unflappable he is, seemingly about to die. [[spoiler: Despite falling, he somehow survives and makes his way back to the Allied lines by the end of the war.]]
* [[TheShadow The future Shadow]] himself, Captain Kent Allard, downing Dracula's flagship blimp the Attila by shredding part of it open, causing a gas leak, riding his plane inside and firing a flare gun. Making it even more awesome, it is heavily implied by Kate Reed in the third book that Allard [[NeverFoundTheBody miraculously survived]] his seeming sacrifice, and went on to become The Shadow.