Not to be confused with Magic Bullets
The Magic Bullet, and its sequel, Magic Bullet To Go, are two infomercials that advertise a small blender. What differentiates these infomercials from many others is that their format is not unlike a Sitcom
, with a whole cast of delightful, colourful stereotypes. This factor has garnered it much attention from those who love watching these commercials.
The original set them in a house the morning after a barbecue. The guests are introduced, one by one, and Mick and Mimi, the cheerful main characters, are content to show the magical power of this machine. All of the guests share breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert together, done in "ten seconds or less". Eventually, the cast starts a new party, with the Magic Bullet in tow.
In the sequel, we see our lovely bunch camped out in the middle of the woods. Despite this, they've got a table, a "camp stove", a frying pan, and multiple little bowls
, plus an assortment of ingredients you wouldn't think to bring to a camp-out (eggs?). This one drops a couple of original characters, and adds a few more, like the unforgettable Dino.
A third has been released, but sadly
, it doesn't live up to the standard of the first two. Nearly all the characters are replaced, within only Mimi and Mick surviving, and the iconic lines are gone.
These infomercials contain examples of:"
- The Alcoholic: Berman, and to a lesser extent Hazel.
- But Wait, There's More!
- Captain Ersatz: The third infomercial contains ersatzes of Berman and, I guess, Hazel.
- Catch Phrase
- Closer to Earth: The incredibly condescending Tina.
- Deadpan Snarker: Berman, although he's a bit of a mix of this and The Eeyore.
- The Ditz: Dino
- Drop-In Character: Hazel.
- Extreme Doormat: Dino can't even talk when Tina's talking for him.
- Genki Girl: Mimi. "GOOD MORNING BERMAN!"
- G-Rated Sex: Hazel walks out of a tent in the Magic Bullet to Go informercial, goes over to Berman, pats him on the back and hands him a pair of socks, making it quite obvious what went down the night before, saying "Thanks for the socks, big boy!" The rest of the group lets out an "ewwwww!".
- Have a Gay Old Time: "I'm just gonna knock us up a quick pesto sauce."
- Identical Stranger: Kind of, since the two apparently know each other, but one cannot deny that Mimi and Tina almost look like palette swaps of each other.
- Incoming Ham: Hazel, with the immortal line "Did somebody say muffins?" And in the To Go infomercial, she introduces herself with "Omelet? That's not camping food! Flapjacks, now that's a hearty breakfast."
- Large Ham: Dino
- Laugh Track: None in actuality, but whenever somebody cracks a lame joke, pretty much everyone laughs loudly. And when Mick and Mimi declare that they bought it for "frozen drinks", the room applauds them.
- Recycled IN SPACE!: The Magic Bullet To Go is pretty much The Magic Bullet WITH A BATTERY!
- And now, there's the Baby Bullet, which is the Magic Bullet with a "cute"(read: creepy)face on it, used to make homemade ORGANIC baby food.
- Shout-Out: Many of the characters share names with The Flintstones. Betty, Wilma, Fred, Barney, Dino...
- Stock Yuck: Berman, with "Yuck, I hate broccoli."
- Trademark Favorite Food: Berman and his nachos.
- Viewers Are Morons: "And in ONE...TWO...THREE seconds," when in reality it took at least seven.