Advertising: Terry Tate Office Linebacker
A popular series of comedic ads for Reebok released at the start of the 2000's.
At Felcher & Sons incorporated, the higher-ups have found a unique way to enforce office protocol and etiquette.
#56, "Terrible" Terry Tate, Office Linebacker. When an employee steps out of line, Triple T brings down a quick delivery of bone rattling pain to get them back in line.
But Terry isn't all about making disorderly employees ride the Pain Train. He's an effective employee, and good buddies with everyone around the office...which doesn't mean your exempt from his wrath.
The ads were exceedingly popular, along with helping Lester Speight rise to well known status. 6 were run between 2000 and 2004.
The Trope Train is comin' baby! WOO WOO!
- Busman's Holiday: When Terry is forced to take a company mandated vacation, he spends it shaping up the lackluster service in his hotel the Terry Tate way.
- Curse Cut Short:
Terry: You know you need a cover sheet on your TPS reports, Richard! That ain't new, baby!
Janice: Hey Terry.
Terry: Hey, Janice! Motherfu-!
- Disproportionate Retribution: Pretty much the heart of the ads. Forget to make a new pot of coffee or improperly handle office supplies? Prepare for a full body tackle by an ex-NFL player.
- Genius Bruiser: Terry will knock you senseless, and then explain how company profits are trending in an upwards direction.
- Large Ham: Terry is basically a live-action Augustus Cole in terms of sheer ham. Right down to being played by the same guy.
- Punch Clock Villain: So long as they follow proper office etiquette, Terry is an employees best friends. When they don't...well, that's when the Pain Train pulls into the station.
- Reassigned to Antarctica: Courtney Cate, Terry's temporary Office Linebacker teammate gets shipped to Germany when he assaults an employee for wearing a Hawaiian shirt...on Casual Friday.
- What Were They Selling Again?: Why the ads eventually stopped. The ads were entertaining, but did a poor job of advertising anything specific from Reebok.
- Would Hit a Girl: Triple T doesn't discriminate genders when he brings the fury.