Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to the start of my first Liveblog for a 3DS title! Let's start things off with a short Q&A, shall we?
- Q. Why are you starting up yet another Liveblog? There's still six that you haven't finished, for cryin' out loud! SIX!
- A. Well, I'm really excited about this game. I've loved the series ever since playing Blazing Sword (AKA the first Fire Emblem translated and brought to North America). Heck, even before getting my hands on that game, Marth was my best character in Melee. Anyways, I'm really glad that I finally have a (digital) copy, and I wanted to share some of my experiences with my fellow Tropers. As for those other Liveblogs, I promise to go back to them eventually. Just remember that I'm playing these games because I enjoy them, and if I reach a really difficult part, I'd rather leave the game for a bit and calm down than drive myself crazy for the sake of a few fans.
- Q. ...Well, we can't force you to do something you don't want to. So, will this be a blind run?
- A. No, it will not. I'm fully aware about all the possible recruitable characters, including those that have yet to be released through the Spotpass feature, as well as the entirety of the plot. I will not mention major twists until they occur, however, and I would appreciate it if my commentators did the same.
- Q. Will there be viewer participation?
- A. Yes, but not to the point that it cripples the project as a whole. As with my "3rd Phantom" liveblog, I've already taken some time to enjoy the game, and I want this play through to reflect the interests of the fans reading it. There are going to be some big decisions that your input can effect, such as what Support Pairings should I aim for, and if I should save certain Paralogues (side quests) for later or do them immediately. However, if I get the urge to update and there hasn't been a single suggestion for the upcoming battles, I'll take matters into my own hands.
- Q. Final question for now...where does 'realms of romance' come from?
- A. It's something Kanji Tatsumi says in Persona 4 Arena. I thought it would be a good idea to use for the title, considering that a major part of the game is building supports between characters and having them marry each other, and that the Outrealm Gate is where you can access DLC.
So, we're almost ready to begin leading the Shepards, AKA the militia of the country of Ylissia, to victory. But before we do, I'd like a bit of input: should I start as a Female Protagonist, or a Male Protagonist? I'd like to choose our protagonist's name and appearance on my own, but the gender can have a major effect on what classes I use and what Supports are accessible. Either way, thank you for reading, and have a wonderful day!