In which if, so help me God, if there are any more memes in dialog, I will go berserk
Well, I've finally decided to come back to this via popular demand. Let's see if this story can redeem itself.
- Pip shares my rage.
- As I said earlier, SteelHooves could totally bear the Element of Loyalty. Screw Spike's magical sense of who can and can't that was never explained.
- Bitchy Remedy had left? I never noticed.
- Trying diplomacy? A novel idea. Too bad diplomacy never works in this universe.
- Elder Cottage Cheese? You don't get much less threatening than that.
- When have you ever even had Cottage Cheese, Pip?
- They turned Zecora into a super-spy? That's just ridiculous.
- Hmmm... An Ursa would be a pain in the ass to kill, even with heavy weapons.
- Rocket to the eye? That'll kill most anything.
- Strawberry Lemonade? What is it with Rangers and non-threatening food-based names?
- Welp, I don't have any sympathy for the rangers anymore either.
- Huh, the Overmare really was smart.
- Damn, she can do that through armor? And I thought Xenith was going to be useless here.
- I knew Velvet had voice amplification spells. I still don't get why she can do music and medicine.
- That was a damn good speech, SteelHooves.
- Wow, Velvet's shield is actually holding? When was the last time that happened?
- Yay romance?
- At least some of the Rangers could listen to reason.
- Good Thing You Can Heal is really prevalent in this story, isn't it.
- I think it this first time in the story where lack of ammo has even recieved more than a passing mention. You'd think it'd be a bigger problem in a post-apocalyptic wasteland.
- "Gawd sent me". Perfect.
- Where in the world did Ditzy get that much tech?
- Applejack made it in. That's good. At least she ended up somewhere (comparatively) nice.
- Yeah, inbreeding would definitely become a problem. Especially when half the stable's population just died.
- "Cutie Marks don't matter"? That's a strange password, to say the least.
Thoughts on Chapter 28:
Lots of action, lots of blood and gore, followed by exposition. Yeah, we got romantic confirmation in the middle of it, but the situation didn't exactly lend itself to any development past that. At least now we're going to get some light shed on the whole Pegasus situation, which still hasn't made sense to me up to this point.
- Anyone care to give the reasoning behind the Enclave in the first place? As usual, Scootaloo shares my rage.
- Something random, but why does the story keep referring to Stallions as "bucks"? That's not a term for horses.
- Okay, so they aren't all stupid. Still doesn't explain how the Enclave got set up in the first place, and how all pegasi get roped in to it, even though they never demonstrated such racial unity in the past.
- Damn it, Velvet, that PupBuck would be so helpful if you just wore it. You're throwing away one of the most powerful tools you have for no reason.
- Civil war time. Alright.
- You can fly!
- Ouch. Damaged memory orbs suck.
- Looks like it's time for Blueblood to be a dick.
- And Blueblood is a dick. What do ya know?
- Apparently Rarity is a badass? Never had a doubt.
- Badass or no, the fact that she seems to be taking a delight in tormenting the zebra, and her message to Pinkie seems to imply that Pinkie will too... That does not speak well of her...
- I don't see how it's you fault, Pip. I think we've seen all of, what, one damaged memory orb before now, and all that did was make you sick.
- So, what happens when Pip collects all of these statues? Their cumulative enchantments would probably make you into some sort of super-pony.
- Huh, looks like they've already turned her into a super-pony.
- Wow, when you say that the gun will vaporize anything, that really does mean anything.
- Well, that was awkward as hell.
- Secrets and intrigue. All over the place.
- Twilight without sleep? The author doesn't know what really happens then. She doesn't get bitchy, she goes crazy.
- Again, how the hell do you know for sure who's who with the Elements?
- Did they really just make fun of the Bag of Holding?
- Again with the star nonsense.
- Quests, quests and more quests! Even the bad guys are giving quests! This is getting ridiculous.
- Voice of the Legion indeed.
- Trixie? Oh fuck.
- That... was disturbing as hell. Why does this story have to be so randomly cruel to characters? I mean, an explosion and freak lab accident turning Trixie into the Borg is one thing, but why did that have to happen to Twilight?
- Yep. I'm guess the only solution is to nuke Maripony a second time. Also, how did Red Eye ever expect them to kill the Goddess? It's all a Xanatos Gambit, isn't it?
Thoughts on Chapter 29:
Well, things really began to go to shit here. I do not like Twilight's "death" at all. Falls well beyond my "needlessly cruel" threshold, and the fact that it's clearly a Fate Worse Than Death
only makes it worse. The rest of the chapter before that is pretty good, though, if exposition heavy.