AlmightyIdiot Almighty Idiot YKTTW Discussion
Ultimate power with no mind controlling it.Needs Examples Description Needs Help
- "Giygas cannot think rationally anymore. He isn't even aware of what he's doing now. His own mind was destroyed by his incredible power. What an almighty idiot!"--Porky, Earthbound
- In one Doctor Strange arc, he destroyed a primordial entity of Chaos by assuming it's power- and then killing himself. This led to him briefly becoming an all-powerful transcendent being with no ego or identity. Ironically, it was one of Strange's old enemies who dragged him back into the "illusion" of self.
- In the Preacher comic series, Jesse Custer was the host for Genesis, a potentially all-powerful newborn spirit that had no sense of individual will.
- Azathoth from H.P. Lovecraft's work is known among Lovecraft fans as the Blind Idiot God. He created reality by accident, and will be equally oblivious when he destroys it.
- In Mercedes Lackey's 500 Kingdoms novels, the Tradition is the magical force that causes tropes to be continually reenacted, oblivious to the harm that does at the mortal level.
- The Deathstalker books by Simon R. Green features an infant with the power to annihilate whole stars with a thought.
- John DeFoe of the Chzo Mythos was formerly an abused child who became a vengeful, murderous revenant after Chzo infused him with power after his father beat him to death with a possessed wooden idol. He's nigh unkillable, completely mad, and can do nothing but lash out at everything he sees.
- Giygas is literally described as this at the end of Earthbound - he achieved ultimate power, but went insane in the process, and what Ness and company ultimately confront is a babbling abomination in a constant-state of self-inflicted Mind Rape.
- Deathevan, the Big Bad of Breath of Fire II, is strongly implied to be this. He's been propped up as the godhead of the Church of Eva for so long that he believes his own propaganda, appearing before the party as an old man in white robes before giving Ryu reason to attack him in a berserk rage; once wounded, his facade falls away, and his monstrous final form is a screaming lunatic that can't even comprehend why Ryu and his friends would fight so vehemently against him.
- In Stupid Snake, a textless webcomic, the titular character is a stupid... snake with omnipotent powers that randomly drives the plot that the poor main characters go through.