Demolitions Expert YKTTW Discussion
The member of a group who specializes in explosivesNeeds Examples Description Needs Help
- What makes me a good demoman?If I were a bad demoman, I wouldn't be sittin' here, discussin' it with you now would I?[...]One crossed wire, one wayward pinch of potassium chlorate, one errant twitch...and KABLOOIE!!!The Demoman, Team Fortress 2
Examples[[folder: Anime and Manga]]
- Baccano!: Nice Holystone serves this function in the delinquent gang during the 1932 arc. With gusto.
- This was Lightfoot's official role in G.I. Joe, although several other Joes sometimes acted as demolitions expert, including Tripwire, Tunnel rat and Depth Charge.
- The members of the EOD team in The Hurt Locker, James in particular.
- Ocean's Eleven has Basher, master of power-cutting and safe-blowing explosions.
- Zig-Zagged in Munich, where after the bombs used by the team continuously malfunction, the bomb expert admits that he was trained to dismantle bombs rather than to build them.
- Corporal Miller from The Guns of Navarone.
- "Nitro" Jones in Once Upon a Texas Train.
- A Fistful of Dynamite stars James Coburn as a 19th century IRA explosives fanatic who is for some reason running around Mexico during the Revolution with a steady supply of nitroglycerin, blowing things up just right.
- Rico from The Penguins of Madagascar, to the point where "Kaboom!" is one of the few intelligible words you can get out of him.
- Atlantis: The Lost Empire has the Italian demolition expert Vinny, who chews a matchstick and treats explosives as office supplies.
- In the Star Wars Expanded Universe X-Wing Series, Wraith Squadron member Kell Tainer is the teams explosive expert and is frequently called upon to disarm booby traps or create new explosives, which he sometimes refer to as "works of art".
- In the Halo novel Ghosts Of Onyx, Spartan-III Dante is described as being almost magical with finding, disposing, and setting bombs, and serves as Team Saber's explosives expert.
- In Burn Notice, ex-terrorist Fiona doubles as this, in addition to being the resident Gun Nut. Whenever the team needs something to blow up, Michael can just turn his head and say, "Fi...".
- Nora Clayton in Revolution. She seems to specilize in trip wires and can even make a little gun to hide up a sleeve.
- In the Gears of War franchise, Samantha Byrne is Delta Squads EOD member. Though her knowledge only comes into play once in Gears of War 3, it is used more in the novels.
- Halo 3: ODST has Michael "Mickey" Crespo, who rigs the bridge leading to the ONI building to blow up to prevent Covenant ground forces from crossing it, and later destroys the ONI building to prevent it from falling into enemy hands.
- The Demoman in Team Fortress 2, whose weapons of choice are a grenade launcher and a gun that shoots sticky mines.
- Depending on the situation, the soldier or engineer classes in Brink. Soldiers can plant HE charges to complete objectives, and can utilize special grenades and satchel charges against enemies, while engineers can deploy landmines and defuse explosives planted by enemy players.
- In the Sly Cooper series of video games, starting from Sly 2 onward, Bentley is the team's "Brains and Demolitions Expert" as the back of the game box says. He uses a wide variety of unique explosives to pull off amazing heists, as well as defend himself.
- Tiny Tina from Borderlands 2. Badonkadonks.
- Loid from MOTHER has some of the best weapons in the game, including bombs and bottle rockets.
- Same for Jeff, Loid's Expy in the sequel. However, it should be noted that in this game, anyone can use the bombs, unlike in the first only Loid can. However, Jeff is still the only one who can use the bottle rockets, which the stongest kind deals so much damage that it is a Game Breaker.[[/folder]]