No Dub For You
A work is published in another market without being redubbed for it. (YKTTW Crash Rescue)
I ran across this during a namespace migration of Endless Frontier and the YKTTW Crash Rescue thread suggested it be sent here to determine if tropeworthy, and if so, refining. Personally, I think it's covered by Bad Export for You.
- Dubbing is too expensive.
- The target audience prefers subbing to dubbing.
- Subbing is just easier.
- Onii-chan Dakedo Ai Sae Areba Kankei Nai Yo Ne
- So Ra No Wo To
- Simoun was never dubbed in English, only subbed. The reasons were this were likely a too small target audience and the fact that the voice acting is universally lauded as one of the best aspects of the original show.
- Partial example: Zero no Tsukaima only got a dub for the first of its four seasons due to legal issues that set in after that (the company doing the dubbing lost the rights to the series).
- Many of the Agarest Senki games are available in western markets, but none are dubbed in English.
- Endless Frontier
- Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2. The original had dubs, but it's sequel went without it, instead providing just subs. It's somewhat justified in this instance, as the sequel had practically everyone that ever appeared in the manga present, so finding that many voice actors would be a hassle.
- Project X Zone
- Record Of Agarest War, Zero, and 2
- Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All Stars [[note]]We do have, in this game, a character having an English VA - Frank - but said character is also exclusive to this version of TVC.[[/note]]
- Virtue's Last Reward received an English dub, but only for the American release and not included in the European version.
Other examples:[[folder: Video Games]]
- The X-Universe games weren't localized to Japan until November 2012, but they were available in the Japanese Steam store and by online ordering before that. Which is really ironic considering the huge role Japan played in the backstory (for example, the games' trade language is a derivative of Japanese, and is used by the aliens as well).
Indexes: Localization Tropes, Trivia
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.