The Tropers Guide to Clever Titles
A title of a story implies that the work is a manual or guide
Usually a book trope, the title suggests some kind of guide or "How to." However, it is actually a title for a story. Not to be confused with a fictional manual, such as J.K. Rowling's Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. This is a trope where a story has the title of a manual. Examples:
- How to Train Your Dragon
- The Girls Guide To Hunting And Fishing
- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (possibly doesn't count since the work exists within the story, making it a Metafictional Title)
- The book How To Get Rid Of Pimples by Cookie Mueller is surprisingly a book of short stories about people whose life was affected by acne.
- The Egghead's Guide to Running from My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic
- How To Eat Fried Worms (Young adult novel, with a film adaptation)
- 36 Arguments for the Existence of God is a novel about an atheist.
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.