Alt. Titles/ Redirects: Apocalyptic RaveNo matter how bad the world has gotten, how corrupt and degraded the future is shown to be, there will always be somewhere to dance. The only real difference is on which end of the Social Pyramid the characters are.
- The snobs/riches/Spoiled Brats will probably have a distinctly sterile setting, with the walls painted white and any metal the usual gleaming chrome, offset by both the illuminations and the drinks being all the colors of the rainbow. Expect dancers on stages or in cages, if they aren't behind a screen that shows only their silhouette. There may be shots of people in the middle of illicit activities or on illegal substances in the corners. Basically, a way to show the decadence of the rich by way of contrast with the dirtier, darker world outside.
- Meanwhile the slobs/poor/exiled/rebels rave will be dirtier, usually either an open air setting like a field or else an industrial location, usually abandoned warehouses or factories. Dingy walls, rusted metal, and dim illumination are common hallmarks. Any dancers will be on tables or possibly poles. Drugs are, for some reason, often less openly available at this kind of setting. In really dystopian settings, open fires are a possibility. Usually, the atmosphere is either desperation, an attempt to forget the world outside, or solidarity, a place for anyone to come and be part of the crowd.
- TRON: Legacy
- Batman Beyond opening sequence show one, also we see some of raves on some episodes
- The club in Earth: Final Conflict- colorful, futuristic, bright
- Constantine has a club full of nothing but angels and devils partying amid copious drugs, alcohol, and clean shiny wood/brass furniture.
- The Island the location where the clones are kept untir they Win a Vacation on the Island
- The Matrix Reloaded
- When Jack arrives to the future this is the first place he enters to.
- The Retinal Fetish club in Strange Days.
- Britney Spears "'Til the World Ends" song and video is obviously this.
- the club in the book Satan Burger, which is where all the punks hang out and play esoteric noise music. It's when the club gets destroyed that we realise it really is the Apocalypse.
- Dystopia has the level "Broadcast," which takes place in and around an illegal night club run by the Punk organization Switchblade. It's stated that crime lords discuss plans there and that there's an illegal broadcast server which needs to be shut down.
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.
Three days must pass before this YKTTW is Launchworthy or Discardable