Sometimes in cartoons, when the characters are faced with problems or situations. Someone brings out a book with a title that is strangely specific to the problem they are facing.
- SpongeBob SquarePants:
- "Squilliam Returns" Squidward gives SpongeBob a book about "How To Become A Fancy Waiter In Less Than 20 Minutes"
- Back at the Barnyard:
- "Mr. Wiggleplix" It has been a running gag with Abby; she brings out 4 books and a magazine article.
- "What To Do When Your Friend Has An Imaginary Friend He Thinks Is Real But You Know Is Not"
- "What To Do When Your Friend Thinks He Has A Second Head Growing Out Of His Neck"
- "What To Do At Your Friend's Imaginary Friend's Funeral"
- "How To Help Your Friend Through The Mourning Process When His Imaginary Friend Gets Crushed By An Anvil"
- "What To Do When Your Plan To Dress Up Like Your Friend's Imaginary Friend Goes Awry"
- The Fairly Oddparents:
- "Cosmo Rules" Wanda gets a book to help cure Jorgen's Trick- Ups. "Dr. Rip Studwell's 228 Ways To Cure the Trick- Ups